Squad v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Squad v Connacht

Post by cables »

Ulster Squad Named for Connacht at Ravenhill
4 May 2010, 12:03 pm
By Christine McNally

Ulster Rugby Head Coach Brian McLaughlin has named an extended 29 man squad, ahead of the final Magners League game of the 2009/10 season.

Ulster Rugby will take-on inter-pro rivals Connacht Rugby, at Ravenhill, on Friday 7th May, kick off 7.30pm.

In the forwards; Nigel Brady and Declan Fitzpatrick return to the Senior Squad, after running out for the Ulster Ravens, in their British and Irish Cup semi final clash against Munster.
Two additions are made in the backs, with call-ups for Timoci Nagusa and Tommy Seymour.

Ulster Squad Forwards:
Tom Court, Bryan Young, BJ Botha, Declan Fitzpatrick, Nigel Brady, Rory Best, Andy Kyriacou, Ryan Caldwell, Neil McComb, Ed O’Donoghue, Dan Tuohy, Chris Henry, Stephen Ferris, Robbie Diack, TJ Anderson, Willie Faloon.

Ulster Squad Backs:
Paul Marshall, Isaac Boss, Ian Humphreys, Niall O’Connor, Ian Whitten, Paddy Wallace, Darren Cave, Andrew Trimble, Simon Danielli, Jamie Smith, Nevin Spence, Timoci Nagusa, Tommy Seymour.

Not available due to injury: Bryn Cunningham, Matt McCullough, Justin Fitzpatrick, Mark McCrea, McCullough, Cillian Willis and David Pollock.

The match day 22 will be named on Thursday at 12 noon.

Don’t Miss The Last Game of the Season:

Ulster’s final home match of the 09/10 season will be an inter-pro against Connacht on Friday 7th May, kick off 7.30pm.

To purchase tickets click here or call 02890 493 222 Option 2 or visit the Ulster Rugby Ticket Office (Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm, 4pm match night.) Tickets are also available from Ulster Rugby ticket outlets province wide.

Attention all supporters: 500 FREE Magners Pints for the first 500 supporters through the gates on Friday evening.
- Over 18’s only
- Only one voucher per supporter

Enjoy Magners reasonability.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
cables
Lord Chancellor

Re: Squad v Connacht

Post by cables »

Could the inclusion of Tommy Seymour be an indication he may make the cut to 22 for this one?

Must be a double injury McCullough has. :scratch:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

cables wrote:
Enjoy Magners reasonability.
OK - I'll doo that den, cosh youre my besht mate you are ... :drunken:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

cables wrote:Could the inclusion of Tommy Seymour be an indication he may make the cut to 22 for this one?
hope so
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

was it not the first 1000 in last time got free pints of Magners or is my memory playing up ?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:was it not the first 1000 in last time got free pints of Magners or is my memory playing up ?
correct :whistle:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Ferris out with a broken cheekbone sustained in training today.

Could be a restful summer for the lad as well, which could be a good thing for him and us.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

The rest will do him the world of good.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Broken cheekbone set to rule Ferris out of Ireland tour

Ferris suffered the injury in Ulster training on Tuesday
Stephen Ferris is in serious danger of missing Ireland's Tests against New Zealand and Australia next month after suffering a broken cheekbone.

Ferris sustained the injury in Ulster training on Tuesday and is expected to be ruled out for six to eight weeks.

An Ulster Rugby statement said that Ferris would require surgery.

Ireland will take on the All Blacks in New Plymouth on 12 June before facing the New Zealand Maoris on 18 June and Australia in Brisbane on 26 June.

More immediately, Ferris will be ruled out of Ulster's final Magners League game of the season against Connacht at Ravenhill on Friday evening.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8660703.stm
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Who's feckin daft idea was it to have him run at iHumph to try and sort his defence and tackling out :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Look on the bright side IHumph downed him with a perfect tackle of awesome power :duck:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:whistle: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant :whistle: Dudley Phillips (Ireland), Brian MacNeice (Ireland)
Television match official: Kevin Beggs (Ireland)
Assessor: Jack Young (Ireland)
Not a Scot in sight :cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wallace injured his thigh against the Ospreys last month and has not played since and, despite daily physio, is still having problems with a flexor muscle. Although he was named in coach Brian McLaughlin's extended 29-man squad for the derby clash, Wallace will not play any part.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/w ... 64619.html
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Although he was named in coach Brian McLaughlin's extended 29-man squad for the derby clash, Wallace will not play any part.
Makes a fat lot of sense :roll:
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Rooster wrote::whistle: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant :whistle: Dudley Phillips (Ireland), Brian MacNeice (Ireland)
Television match official: Kevin Beggs (Ireland)
Assessor: Jack Young (Ireland)
Not a Scot in sight :cheers:
Roman Poite has been very poor in a number of games I've seen. He carded POC for holding on on the ground when he was holding the guy in the air about 18" off it and had never been on the ground. Dudley Phillips reffed the Ulster Munster game and gave Ulster about 4 seconds before calling advantage over from a penalty in front of the posts plus a number of quite a few other just plain wrong decisions. The 'non penalty award' gave Munster a bonus point they didn't deserve. I would be worried that the game will be decided by either of these two gents rather than the players.

Edit. Still better than Allen, Patterson and James. Referees have a really difficult job and it's easy to be an armchair critic but I wonder how many ML fans groan when they see either of those names on the officials list.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.