Try/No Try?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Try/No Try?

Post by BR »

Anybody get a better view of the knock on over the line, which looked like the 4th try to me?

Was White just trying to make up for the one the touch judge got wrong earlier?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Try/No Try?

Post by Jackie Brown »

what one did Touch Judge get wrong? :scratch:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

I was talking to someone after the game who was up in that corner and he said that ihump's try didn't look like a try to him and that there was nothing wrong Robbie's try.
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Amazing the amount of cr*p people will tell you Rob6. Was talking to Robbie after the game & he is already getting some stick about dropping the ball over the line. Said he wasn't looking forward to seeing the video :lol: :lol:

I didnt get a decent view of Danielli's effort, but did see the touch judge make some sort of gesture that looked like he didn't know, so presumably ref got a good view.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

My immediate reaction to Danielli's effort was no try. I was that side, between the 22 & halfway line. He took an awesome hit to his right shoulder as he tried to ground the score and I think the ball was knocked out of his grasp. Don't really care to be honest read the scoreboard, 4 tries, bonus point win. We have had enough decisions wrongly go against us in previous games.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

beeb have a picture of Danieeli touching it down
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

was there a tv match official present, or was there even the facility for one to do anything?
2 tries that would surely warrant a second look, both awarded (and one in spite of an i-tai making a TV signal to the ref)
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

_49433794_danielli_try.jpg
_49433794_danielli_try.jpg (92.11 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Excellent photograph, that also means we don't have to hear smart remarks from the unbiased pundits on the RTE highlights program. :salut:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There is also the point that the photo could prove Danielli put is had on the ball after he knocked it on, think about it photos do lie at times.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

I think the match was recorded, mainly for Biarritz benefit. We have to provide them with coverage of the game within 24hrs of the final whistle. However as far as I know it was not televised live and so match rewind/review was not available, so no TMO was present.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

TMO not required at this stage of Heiny. No doubt both Humphs & Danielli's tries would have been referred. Great picture of Danielli's effort btw
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:was there a tv match official present, or was there even the facility for one to do anything?
2 tries that would surely warrant a second look, both awarded (and one in spite of an i-tai making a TV signal to the ref)
Heres the thing Welder - the hint is in the fact that there was no TV coverage. The fact is that there wss no TMO.

For Danielli's I thought the touchie signaled a :thumleft: to MrWhite.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
For Danielli's I thought the touchie signaled a :thumleft: to MrWhite.
Fairly sure I saw that too.

Surely if there is a TMO available in some group games it should be available for all - do all matches not have to be played under the same rules and condtions?
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Yoda wrote: Surely if there is a TMO available in some group games it should be available for all - do all matches not have to be played under the same rules and condtions?
I asked the same question to last night's "timekeeper", (not sure that is his official title, but it will do), & it was his comment I posted above. I think the point is that unless full range of cameras is available, which presumably is not economical, then the TMO simply cannot be effective. Danielli's try seems to confirm this, referring this when there is only 1 camera angle would be pointless.