Gareth Anscombe.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jamsodonnell
Novice

Gareth Anscombe.

Post by jamsodonnell »

Auckland Blues beat the Blue Bulls 29-23. All the Auckland points were scored by a certain Gareth Anscombe, 2 converted tries, and 5 penalties. Just thought I would mention it. :D :D
Craigers
Novice

Re: Gareth Anscombe.

Post by Craigers »

Anscombe was playing his 1st Super Rugby game for the Blues and I thought he played very well. Would like it if he came to Ulster with his Father but I can't see it. That said, this was his first game, and he was deputising for Michael Hobbs, whose father is I'll in New Zealand. Peri Weepi can also play pivot so Anscombe may not get much game time.
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

His Dad is coming over here with the rest of the family. He is a long way from playing for the All Blacks. He comes over here with Dad to experience some NH rugby and develop a bit as a player. Sounds plausible to me............
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Gareth Anscombe.

Post by Rooster »

He is out of contract at the end of this season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Would he be ahead of PJ?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Unless P3 doesnt resign he wouldn't be allowed to play.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

With PJ in the wings I'd doubt we'd be allowed a 10? If P3 goes, I'd be looking for another world class operator to come in. Kaino would suffice.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Jackie Brown wrote:Would he be ahead of PJ?
Maybe as a kicker, but in terms of all round game management, Paddy is one of the best I've seen at underage level in a long, long time for any team.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

breakdown wrote:Unless P3 doesnt resign he wouldn't be allowed to play.
The wise men of the IRFU with an ex Junior AB star 10 waved under their noses will make an exception to their rules and create a special project spot. Or he could go to the westies.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

More interested in his Da to be honest. Boy has pace mind you.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

:duh: FFS guys, wind your necks in.. keep the faith with PJ and young McKinney pullleazzze...... :red: :red: :red: :banghead:
Exterminate all rational thought
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:More interested in his Da to be honest. Boy has pace mind you.
Yes he's got pace but so does iHumph, doesnt make him a great player. Gareth has a great all round game, or he did in the u20's tournament, although thats only the u20's. Think he proved how good he is for the Blues though :D
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Snipe Watson wrote:
The wise men of the IRFU with an ex Junior AB star 10 waved under their noses will make an exception to their rules and create a special project spot. Or he could go to the westies.
Why would he go to the Westies? Thery just signed Parks and before that they signed NOC. If anything I think he would be going to Munster to replace ROG then Keatley could be away off to France then come back to play second fiddle to Anscombe when ROG retires.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

breakdown wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Why would he go to the Westies? Thery just signed Parks and before that they signed NOC. If anything I think he would be going to Munster to replace ROG then Keatley could be away off to France then come back to play second fiddle to Anscombe when ROG retires.
Westies was a quip