Glasgow in October

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

DavyG
Steward

Glasgow in October

Post by DavyG »

For those thinking of going to the Glasgow away game on the 19th October.

Premier Inn have special offers for all their Glasgow Hotels, prices from £29 per double room

http://www.premierinn.com/

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow in October

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Are folk flying, booking an Ulsterbus returnteurn or waiting for the URSC to organise coaches?
Anyone else considering making it a two nighter and catching the derby game of Rangers v Queens Park at 3pm on the saturday?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Team announced for glasgow;
Payne,Allen Farrell, Marshall,Gilroy, Jackson,Heaney,Black,Herring,Afoa,Muller, Stevenson,Diack,Doyle,Williams
REPS-Brady,Court,Fitzpatrick,McCombe,McComish,Marshall P,Cave,NOC.

A lot of inexperience particularly in the backs and a different looking team from last year.
Hopefully these lads will carry their pre season form into this match.
It will be a different kettle of fish from those games though as Glasgow are never easy.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

bazzaj wrote:Team announced for glasgow;
Payne,Allen Farrell, Marshall,Gilroy, Jackson,Heaney,Black,Herring,Afoa,Muller, Stevenson,Diack,Doyle,Williams
REPS-Brady,Court,Fitzpatrick,McCombe,McComish,Marshall P,Cave,NOC.

A lot of inexperience particularly in the backs and a different looking team from last year.
Hopefully these lads will carry their pre season form into this match.
It will be a different kettle of fish from those games though as Glasgow are never easy.
Think you're in the wrong place - clue is in the thread title!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

So I am.
I should really learn to read at some point.
Thanks for your assistance and I bid you all farewell.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Junior and I are booked on the Ulster Rugby trip with Killester travel - £99 each including coach & ferry from Belfast to hotel in Glasgow, coach from hotel to match, return coach to hotel after match overnight B&B in hotel, saturday morning free in Glasgow, and return coach & ferry on Saturday afternoon - hard to beat for £99. With costs of ferry or flights alone the price is hard to beat.

Will report back afterwards if all went swimmingly ..... I mean, if all went to plan.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

What hotel is it and is there an option of 3 in a room ? Only got as far as some answering machine on that Killester link.
Anyone ever used Killester before?

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:What hotel is it
No idea - URSC website suggests it is Jury's, but I didn't ask - it's somewhere to kip down for the night and does a Scottish brekkie
HwoodMike2umate wrote:is there an option of 3 in a room ?
No idea - try phoning them
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Only got as far as some answering machine on that Killester link.
Oh yes - I warned them about you - they have your number barred! :lol:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Anyone ever used Killester before?
I'm sure some must have done, otherwise they would very quickly go out of business :roll:

-PS - I haven't used them before - thought I'd give it a go for the first time and if it works, well and good, if not, I'll know for the future.
I'm not arguing -
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Cap'n - well a brief trawl thru their website appears to show it as Holiday Inn Express Central - but on then looking at Holiday Inn Express website it looks like there are two in central Glasgow. Will report when i find out more. Dont see any mention of the lift to and from the game itself or were you just told this on the phone? Maybe discuss tomorrow on the Terrace - except by saturday morning i'll probably have forgotten the result of our discussions.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I think Holiday Inn Express is correct. Coach to and from game was included in the itinerary I requested before booking - have emailed you.

Don't forget the conversation we had two weeks ago, that you owe NILRF a cheque for £40, so don't forget to bring it, and don't try to wriggle out of it - there were sufficient witnesses willing and able to confirm your promise. If you pay up as promised, we will of course keep your shocking confession completely confidential.
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I think Holiday Inn Express is correct. Coach to and from game was included in the itinerary I requested before booking - have emailed you.

Don't forget the conversation we had two weeks ago, that you owe NILRF a cheque for £40, so don't forget to bring it, and don't try to wriggle out of it - there were sufficient witnesses willing and able to confirm your promise. If you pay up as promised, we will of course keep your shocking confession completely confidential.
I would add interest at a loan shark rate Grumps , £50 seems an even number for this week or £100 if he waits to the next one :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I think Holiday Inn Express is correct. Coach to and from game was included in the itinerary I requested before booking - have emailed you.

I would add interest at a loan shark rate Grumps , £50 seems an even number for this week or £100 if he waits to the next one :thumleft:
Tried to get him to £50 first up, but he promised £40 at this match, so I'll settle for and hold him to that - now if he renages ....... :evil:

The worry is that HWM barely remembers what happens at Ravenhill and he may genuinely not remember :drunken:
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Tried to get him to £50 first up, but he promised £40 at this match, so I'll settle for and hold him to that - now if he renages ....... :evil:

The worry is that HWM barely remembers what happens at Ravenhill and he may genuinely not remember :drunken:
Then take £50 from him when he's pished !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:take £50 from him when he's pished !
Doubt you'd find 50p on him let alone £50, but several witness passed comment on me waiting until he was pished at the last match before asking him for sponsorship :twisted:

I'm not so green as I'm cabbage like :wink:

Fear not however - I've had an email from him saying he will bring the cheque :salut:

Now I wonder if I get this off him at the start of the match, can I get him to write another at the end when he's :drunken: again? :twisted:
I'm not arguing -
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

£54.66 for overnight trip

dep 6.30am Friday and arr 12.25pm Friday giving a nice day to leisurely make our way to the game

overnight in the cheap and cheerfull EuroHostel 4-bed room for three of us

dep Sat 4.20pm and arr 10.30pm back in Belfast
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack