A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I hear the row between UK and Ireland about returning refugees has turned nasty already.

Two refugees picked up by Garda having come across the border from Norn Iron were told they would be returned to Newry, but they're demanding to be sent to Ruanda instead.
I think you're spelling has been ruaned!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:56 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I hear the row between UK and Ireland about returning refugees has turned nasty already.

Two refugees picked up by Garda having come across the border from Norn Iron were told they would be returned to Newry, but they're demanding to be sent to Ruanda instead.
There is a region in Uganda called Buganda where they speak a language called Luganda. Slightly off topic but interesting. I don't think they drink Um Bongo
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:56 am

Nah, I've just been rwaned. :shock:

I'd be honoured to have been Ruaned.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I heard that Emma Little-Pengelly, (Deputy or Joint First Minister - whatever you want to call her) enjoyed seeing the Aurora Borealis a couple of nights ago.

She asked Michelle O'Neil if she had seen "The Northern Light"s, but apparently Michelle had only seen "The North of Lights"
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:00 pm I heard that Emma Little-Pengelly, (Deputy or Joint First Minister - whatever you want to call her) enjoyed seeing the Aurora Borealis a couple of nights ago.

She asked Michelle O'Neil if she had seen "The Northern Light"s, but apparently Michelle had only seen "The North of Lights"
Was Little Penguin at the Northern West 200?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I honestly tried today with an open mind to watch Armagh v Donegal. Maybe it wasn’t typical (?) but why anyone would even think of spending £300 odd million on a stadium for this boring nonsense ( it was a bit like watching end to end basketball, you score, we score) is beyond me. If anyone in Treasury was watching today, kiss any “GB money” goodbye ……if it was ever a thought.
Individual ball handling and kicking skills and penalty kick taking top notch mind you!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:34 pm I honestly tried today with an open mind to watch Armagh v Donegal. Maybe it wasn’t typical (?) but why anyone would even think of spending £300 odd million on a stadium for this boring nonsense ( it was a bit like watching end to end basketball, you score, we score) is beyond me. If anyone in Treasury was watching today, kiss any “GB money” goodbye ……if it was ever a thought.
Individual ball handling and kicking skills and penalty kick taking top notch mind you!
The fights are good.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:34 pm I honestly tried today with an open mind to watch Armagh v Donegal. Maybe it wasn’t typical (?) but why anyone would even think of spending £300 odd million on a stadium for this boring nonsense ( it was a bit like watching end to end basketball, you score, we score) is beyond me. If anyone in Treasury was watching today, kiss any “GB money” goodbye ……if it was ever a thought.
The fights are good.
The fights are good because of the ball handling and kicking. :shock:

Not many who would allow their balls to be felt or kicked without doing something about it.
I'm not arguing -