Cardiff Away

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

belfastwoody
Novice

Cardiff Away

Post by belfastwoody »

Morning all,

Long time reader, first time poster. ST holder for the terrace (always be only one terrace!)

Anyways few friends and I have planned to attend the Cardiff match at Arms park. Just wondering if anyone can advise on the best terrace there for Ulster fans to have tickets for - the north or south stand? According to rugby ground guide the south stand seems to have more bar areas and occasionally live music so perhaps the south terrace is best but where would other Ulster fans tend to be at this ground.

Many thanks
Woody

#suftum
twiglet
Initiate

Re: Cardiff Away

Post by twiglet »

As you have said the South Stand ( the side closest to the Millennium Stadium) has bars and sometimes music. The terrace is covered should the weather be a bit inclement. Last time I was at the Arms Park there were a few Ulster supporters at both sides. The North Stand seems to be where they put a lot of school children - which might be a bit annoying. However, it is also the stand that most of the cameras are looking at. If you want to be on TV maybe that's where you should aim for.

Maybe Surrey Red Hand will also offer a bit of advice.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Any stadium with welsh in it is a poor effort

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

twiglet wrote:As you have said the South Stand ( the side closest to the Millennium Stadium) has bars and sometimes music. The terrace is covered should the weather be a bit inclement. Last time I was at the Arms Park there were a few Ulster supporters at both sides. The North Stand seems to be where they put a lot of school children - which might be a bit annoying. However, it is also the stand that most of the cameras are looking at. If you want to be on TV maybe that's where you should aim for.

Maybe Surrey Red Hand will also offer a bit of advice.
TBH I have never pre booked tickets for the Arms Park, just pay on the night and wander where the notion takes us, we are listed for this one though it is the game before the QF fixture (I believe) so can't see us having a full team out in Cardiff that weekend.
belfastwoody
Novice

Post by belfastwoody »

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be back in Cardiff again end of May :P

W
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Cardiff accommodation for 23/24 May looks fairly booked up. Anyone any tips?
Anyone ever stayed in accommodation in nearby town/village close to a railway station?
Camping options? - campsite in middle of Cardiff booked out already.
:(
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cardiff accommodation for 23/24 May looks fairly booked up. Anyone any tips?
Anyone ever stayed in accommodation in nearby town/village close to a railway station?
Going to have the same problem HWM. 6 of us will need 1 room to kip in.

To be honest. The nightlife in Caaadiff probably will mean beds will not be used. Try looking for nanny street. Stayed there before with a mate. Bound to be plenty of student houses available for a weekend

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Whats the drive to Cardiff from Belfast like? Anyone done it before?
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Shortest drive would be via Rosslare to Fishguard crossing or if you like the long sea crossing via the liverpool boat. I,m looking at Bristol as a possibility. Just means missing the after game celebrations.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:Whats the drive to Cardiff from Belfast like?
Pretty unjustifiable, unless your afeared of planes. Bristol is coming in at around £50 return.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:Whats the drive to Cardiff from Belfast like? Anyone done it before?
Dublin to Holyhead and down the road is about 380 or so from Belfast, not a bad drive if you are one of those who can drive for hours on end, ferry usually more expensive than flying though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I dont want to book flights until I know we are in the final.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:I dont want to book flights until I know we are in the final.
OK - my quote to Bristol was for Cardiff away - not the final.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cardiff accommodation for 23/24 May looks fairly booked up. Anyone any tips?
Bristol is more than doable. Stayed in the holiday in by the airport there the night after Saints/Leinster final. Most of the millenium stadium was on the last two trians out of town.

Your probably looking at £70-80 for a taxi if you dont get on the last train. Not bad so long as theres four in, and beats even contemplating going to any of the towns twixt Bristol and Cardiff.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:
Bristol is more than doable. Stayed in the holiday in by the airport there the night after Saints/Leinster final. Most of the millenium stadium was on the last two trians out of town.

Your probably looking at £70-80 for a taxi if you dont get on the last train. Not bad so long as theres four in, and beats even contemplating going to any of the towns twixt Bristol and Cardiff.
Doing that means you miss out on the Caaaadifff slegs