A Parting Shot

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Embrasupporter
Novice

A Parting Shot

Post by Embrasupporter »

I genuinely wish Ulster Rugby all the best for next season and into the future - you have great fans, a great history and a great stadium to build on.

Slàinte Mhath ...
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: A Parting Shot

Post by Kofi Annan »

21 post, so young to be taken from us
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

That is genuinely the nicest parting shot in history.
Unless slainte mhath means screw your mothers or something.
sssssss
Novice

Post by sssssss »

As Rugby fan with a foot in both camps I came on here to apologise for Matuwalas play acting . Though I have been astounded by some of the anti Glasgow feeling especially one particular post .
I attended Ravenhill for many years and always had a great time though on a recent visit to kingspan I was disappointed to find some of the points directed at Glasgow on here were alive and kicking at kingspan .
I understand the disappointed felt at the result on Friday especially over the play acting though I see it from both sides it was play acting which I do not like to see in Rugby I am also one of the Glasgow fans who is happy to see him go to bath but it was also a stupid penalty to give away as it was a penalty . I see not many on here blaming the prop for giving the diver a chance to play .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:21 post, so young to be taken from us
If indeed he is what he purports to be.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

sssssss wrote:As Rugby fan with a foot in both camps I came on here to apologise for Matuwalas play acting . Though I have been astounded by some of the anti Glasgow feeling especially one particular post .
I attended Ravenhill for many years and always had a great time though on a recent visit to kingspan I was disappointed to find some of the points directed at Glasgow on here were alive and kicking at kingspan .
I understand the disappointed felt at the result on Friday especially over the play acting though I see it from both sides it was play acting which I do not like to see in Rugby I am also one of the Glasgow fans who is happy to see him go to bath but it was also a stupid penalty to give away as it was a penalty . I see not many on here blaming the prop for giving the diver a chance to play .
You are right and you are wrong.

Yes, it was a penalty offence. Lutton was stupid. However if you read back through the (rather lengthy) threads you will see that plenty of us did criticise him for it. The right decision was ultimately made.

The whole thing was overshadowed by the way in which Matawalu behaved all game, irrespective of the outcome of the match or of that incident. Lutton was stupid, what Matawalu did should never be seen on a rugby pitch. The outrage regarding his behaviour extends well beyond Ulster supporters by the way.

We seek no excuses for Ulster's loss- that is a separate issue and has nothing to do with booing kicks or Matawalu's cheating.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

sssssss wrote:As Rugby fan with a foot in both camps I came on here to apologise for Matuwalas play acting . Though I have been astounded by some of the anti Glasgow feeling especially one particular post .
Possibly levelled at me I dare say and therefore levelled at current and past Ulster players who feel the same way.
Believe me I know where we are going wrong and discipline on field has killed our season and thats why we lose and we are far from perfect.
But what what was going on in that game should have nothing to do with rugby right up to the player shoving Paddy Jackson after you scored to rub his nose in it as his crime was simply standing there.
Its a shame because it was the same player who nailed one of the finest cut out passes for the try you are ever likely to see for the score.

There are good people connected with Glasgow I know well but the events have left me with a poor taste.
I am as bad a loser in this case as you lot are winners.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
You are right and you are wrong.

Yes, it was a penalty offence. Lutton was stupid. However if you read back through the (rather lengthy) threads you will see that plenty of us did criticise him for it. The right decision was ultimately made.

The whole thing was overshadowed by the way in which Matawalu behaved all game, irrespective of the outcome of the match or of that incident. Lutton was stupid, what Matawalu did should never be seen on a rugby pitch. The outrage regarding his behaviour extends well beyond Ulster supporters by the way.

We seek no excuses for Ulster's loss- that is a separate issue and has nothing to do with booing kicks or Matawalu's cheating.
Agree with this, maybe everyone isn't accurately expressing their sentiments but there are two issues.

We are frustrated with yet another instance of such a talented Ulster team throwing away a chance at silverware. I'm incredibly frustrated and angry at this, and I don't think there are many on here blaming the loss on Matawalu's play acting which happened on more than one occasion, we are blaming Ulster for not playing to their potential whether that is due to the players or coaches or what is usually is, a combination of the two.

The other issue is we are not happy with Matawalu's contempt for what still separates rugby from football, that it is a man's game and that people don't feign injury or play act to milk things and try to get others sent off. Part of this is the change in the rules or laws that yellow and red cards are being given as a result of how injured someone appears to be, regardless of whether they are play acting or not and this has the potential to have a huge impact on people's love of the game.

Anyway season over and another one where we underperformed.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Scotsman are like buses in London, you miss one and there is another one coming right round the bend.

Good work Legs, these ruddy faced skirt wearing drunks, with their lustrous ginger hair need to understand that damn few if any of us are gurning about the manner of defeat, we have only ourselves to blame for that.

We are incensed that one little piece of pondscum should throw himself about the place three times seeking to milk a penalty. Of the three dives, he was due the penalty on the first and last occasions and got them, the other time he was not and didn't, fair enough. Clancy is a poor ref, but I've seldom seen so little to complain about in a game reffed by him. This is not about decisions, it is about pondscum.

I'm angry, and having previously been complimentary about Toonie and Glasgow' s great progress over recent years, I am appalled that he harbours a blatant cheat without making a single comment when his opponents are very clearly up in arms about it.

I am equally appalled that in all the reports I've read, there is barely a mention of the cheat, Matawalu. It appears rugby is not grown up enough to address this unwelcome invader from wendyball, the diver.

What beggars belief is that we have one Caledonian teuchter after another coming here when the dust has barely settled to talk ballix, tell us we are bad losers and generally show the same lack of class as Glasgow Warriors.

As I've said previously, I may not have morals but by God I have standards, the first rule of etiquette is that when someone is grieving you do not visit their house and pish in their umbrella stand.

All good however, these would-be teachers of standards are stoking my anger, Matawalu will feel my wrath on Saturday, I intend to bellow like a bull elephant in must.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I was going to support Glasgow on Saturday. Family ties and all that

But the 3 chubes on here plus matawalu are making me consider supporting nobody
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Clancy had a reasonably controversy free game for once. He was not the difference. We are are bigger chokers than a Tory minister with a bag of oranges and a spare leather belt. Sitting in the East stand, you could see that denouement 20 min out. And we were powerless to stop it.
BTW, Scotstoun no more or less feral than Ravers. We'd laugh our leg off if the same happened at Ravers, booing of one kick excepted.
Some d*cks in the crowd from both sides, most just good banter. Thon winger aside, I see much in Glasgow as ourselves, bar the mental weakness. Give the jocks that, they do world domination well. Just ask Ed Milliband.
Two tickets for the final. Think I'll go. Wouldn't bet against Weegies now. Best team lost at Turnip park too, but in more controversial circumstances IMO.
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Clancy had a reasonably controversy free game for once. He was not the difference. We are are bigger chokers than a Tory minister with a bag of oranges and a spare leather belt. Sitting in the East stand, you could see that denouement 20 min out. And we were powerless to stop it.
BTW, Scotstoun no more or less feral than Ravers. We'd laugh our leg off if the same happened at Ravers, booing of one kick excepted.
Some d*cks in the crowd from both sides, most just good banter. Thon winger aside, I see much in Glasgow as ourselves, bar the mental weakness. Give the jocks that, they do world domination well. Just ask Ed Milliband.
Two tickets for the final. Think I'll go. Wouldn't bet against Weegies now. Best team lost at Turnip park too, but in more controversial circumstances IMO.
Controversial by missing 15 points and Ospreys scoring from a clear knock on?

Ospreys were never in that game until they worked out how terrible the munt backline is

Luckily Weegies can front up to the orcs up front and have some decent backs to cut them to shreds
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Yep, Os a much better side than Turnips, especially in the backs. Thought they were hard done by.
Interesting Russ that your only bone of contention with my post was re another game :duck:
Don't think Munter's pack that great without POM. A better scrum would've buried Archer. Unfortunately that'll not be Weegies.
Exterminate all rational thought
Tazz #15
Initiate

A Parting Shot

Post by Tazz #15 »

It's all fine and well saying that Lutton deserved the penalty, and I agree with that.

But what about oor wee Niko's dive in the first half, y'know the one that covered more distance than young Mr. Daley does off the top board at the Robinson Centre? The one that allowed Russell to nail a crucial 3 points for Gilly 'taking the man out in the air'?

Make no mistake, we were the masters of our own downfall, but I have no time for the actions of the 'Glasgow Amateur Players' theatre group, but then again I think it's hard to look past the Belvoir Players myself.

Just delighted that Gorgeous George managed to spot what he was up to on one of the 3 occasions.
Last edited by Tazz #15 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not like you to be an utter chube, CIMAN, "best team lost", you have to be kidding. Ospreys had a good first 10 minutes, thereafter they only got what the Turnipstanis gave them. The best team almost gave a game away that should have been dead and buried with 20 minutes to go. Their kicking goals & own tries nearly killed them.

Ospreys on the day couldn't have complained if they lost by 20 or more.

You don't like Munster do you? :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.