URSC Ticket Draw

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

URSC Ticket Draw

Post by Cockatrice »

I was speaking to a supporters club member today (he was a bit behind the times to think I was still involved) and he mentioned that he won 2 tickets to the Ireland v Wales game last Sunday.

He'd been contacted by UR on the Tuesday and advised that he could collect his tickets anytime up until Friday lunch time.

Happy to have won and after making arrangements to get to Dublin he then went to Ravenhill on the Friday morning to collect his prize (the right to buy 2 tickets) only to be informed that they had sold the tickets elsewhere the day before.

Gutted after having made arrangements he was extremely disappointed with the supporters club. I was despite what others might think able to convince him that the problem was not of the supporters club making as it was UR responsible for selling the tickets.

This of course raises other questions which I have mentioned elsewhere as to how many of the tickets won by members actually reach them and if they do not want them do they revert to other members or not.

Publishing a list of the club's winners would serve two purposes one it would let members see the benefit and two it would be good PR.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

that's shocking!!! :evil:
Blindside
Novice

Post by Blindside »

i wonder is that the two tickets me old school chum raker got me!!
"Truth Justice and the Ulster Way".
Club33 supports Ulster
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Nothing shocks me anymore. Poor chap though!
The trouble with referees is that they just don't care which side wins - Tom Canterbury.

Ulster proud sponsors of Comical Eddie! :roll:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Blindside - Methody is a **** school.

Campbell 4 the Cup.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The point is that a club member feels disappointed at the club of which he is a member yet it would appear that the problem was as a result of actions taken by UR in selling a ticket that had been made available to the club for winners of its own draw.

Just how many winners were there in the club draw for the 6N matches and just how many actually got tickets. Will a list of the winners be published and I accept that the club will proably have to get soem of that information back from UR.

Of course debating it here is irrelevant however the member didn't want to bother taking it up with the club particularly after hearing that he is unlikely to get an answer and intends to just not join next year.

I would be interested to know if anyone else thinks that the winners should be published I for one would be keen to learn where the tickets go that don't find their way to club members and just how many that accounts for.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Touch Down
Novice

Post by Touch Down »

First of all obiviously i am not a member. But it is a great thing your club offers these tickets for games, it makes it very attractive for people to join. i'm a bit surprised that the club would not try and sing from the hill tops who got tickets. Great PR possibilities surely?
Ulster for the League!