Pro12 Roundup (TV)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Pro12 Roundup (TV)

Post by Amiga500 »

Why do none (as far as I am aware) of the broadcasters not bother their arses to do a league roundup every week?

For instance, BBCNI - instead of having a by-and-by large awful half-time segment with something daft like Sparky doing pressups, would they not be better off showing last weeks games?

Indeed - the pro12 website already do some highlights - so they could wrap them up into a 5 minute package, and give to all broadcasters to show during the next week's games. So it costs the broadcasters nothing to put together and is a consistent product.

If they want to be treated as a serious league, then treat it like it is a serious league - not a load of one-eyed-tom kite where BBC Scotland show only Edinburgh & Glasgow, BBC SheepShaggers show only the reeeegions, BBCNI show and talk only Ulster, TV3 support the underdogs - so show only Munster/Leinster and who knows what the Italians do.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pro12 Roundup (TV)

Post by Russ »

Do BBCNI have a licence to show other games?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Russ wrote:Do BBCNI have a licence to show other games?
Oh - wonder is it a WHOOOOSH SkySports EXCLUSIVE thing...?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Good call.
BBC NI do a half hour round up show every Tuesday on the slowly dying IPL, showing all the weekends Wendyball goals and talking points, managers interviews etc.
I know the BBC show ULSTER's game's, but we'd all like to see the highlights, try's, talking points, managers and players thoughts and the opinions of some ex players/pundits.
The IPL is termed 'Semi-pro' and it's actually very amateurish and yet it has its own program. Ulster is the only professional team in the province and although the Pro12 may not the pinnacle of the Rugby world, it's the highest standard game in town and anything which raises the profile, would be to everyone's benefit.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

bbc NI have the Ulster games to do a round up they would have purchase the highlights from other broadcasters

Cost of highlights + program costs
divided by viewer numbers

Is the figure value for money

Then there is the placement in to the broadcasting schedule does the programme being displaced have higher viewing figures ?

The Beeb serves a board viewing public who complain if their favourite programme is not broadcast

A very conservative beast is the Beeb
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I think ... yes ... i think i said that already
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Russ wrote:I think ... yes ... i think i said that already
Indeed you did.

Assuming your right - and I've no reason to believe you aren't - I think it would be in the league's best interests to make a highlights packages (hence costing the broadcasters nothing) from the previous gameweek's action and send to all broadcasters and insist they show it at some point in their shows.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Amiga500 wrote:
Russ wrote:I think ... yes ... i think i said that already
Indeed you did.

Assuming your right - and I've no reason to believe you aren't - I think it would be in the league's best interests to make a highlights packages (hence costing the broadcasters nothing) from the previous gameweek's action and send to all broadcasters and insist they show it at some point in their shows.
Agreed

However the league runs it's own highlight content on youtube
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rather than worrying about highlights can the Pro-12 please not schedule any future Ulster matches a couple of hours after an All Black test match as it just gets too depressing.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
FrannosPen
Novice

Post by FrannosPen »

Maybe because it's a sh!t league that has a very small fan base?
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

rumncoke wrote:bbc NI have the Ulster games to do a round up they would have purchase the highlights from other broadcasters

Cost of highlights + program costs
divided by viewer numbers

Is the figure value for money

Then there is the placement in to the broadcasting schedule does the programme being displaced have higher viewing figures ?

The Beeb serves a board viewing public who complain if their favourite programme is not broadcast

A very conservative beast is the Beeb
Nope. BBC NI is just a small part of the BBC. Their rights will not be exclusive to one nation/region. The only issue might be with S4C games and RTE. Other than that, it's just one big happy BBC family. If they gave a toss the beeb would pull something together.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Must be the feckin taffies who have changed our match ko to 19:05 this week so that shows BBC cooperation in schedule
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Might have something to do with flight times and airports closing

Cardiff isn't the busiest airport in the world

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Might have something to do with flight times and airports closing

Cardiff isn't the busiest airport in the world

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nothing to do with airports, it's BBC2 Wales broadcasts rugby on a Friday night starting at 7pm
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Will rugby coverage take priority now the Beeb have lost the Great British Bake-off, an issue of such import it took up 5+ minutes on the BBC news this am?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.