The day the banks stayed closed!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

the original kimble
Warrior Chief

The day the banks stayed closed!

Post by the original kimble »

The day the banks stayed closed,
or
We are The Champions!

Woke up early to the sound of driving rain beating a staccato beat against the window and a long list of things to do. That list would keep the workforce of a small construction company busy for the month of June, so I went looking for a quote. Then I remembered that we are The Champions and the sun came out.

Decided to eat petit déjeuner sur la patio so sauntered forth to buy a croissant and a morning paper. The north wind strengthened and dried things up real quick while I read all about how we became The Champions.

On inspecting the fridge I noticed that Mrs tok, who had to go to work on account that she doesn’t like rugby, had left without her wee packed lunch, so I headed off down the peninsula with meals on wheels. With the sun visor lowered to reduce the celebratory glare and Dylan explaining why he was ‘not goin’ to work on Maggie’s farm no more,’ I put the MAZMobile through its paces and reflected on a perfect day – the banks are closed and we are The Champions.

I think tonight we will have a barbeque, listen to Pink Floyd and watch the sun go down over the bay. And as it slips reluctantly behind the rim, scattering fiery embers in its wake, I may smile contently in the certain knowledge that we are The Champions!

Kimble
It's more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
Anyway, the only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad….I think…

www.ursc.co
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Must admit I was surprised that the government arranged a holiday to celebrate our winning the League. Should we offer that nice Mr Blair honorary :? membership of the URSC?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

Nah, some how i doubt he'd even look after an Ulster mans coat than do something for us!

A bbq and some pink floyd sounds great! Instead of "Another Brick in the Wall", it should me another trophy in the cabinet :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Steady on Gary , thats going a bit far :shock: Big Ian and Gerry perhaps but Tony would lower the tone of the organisation :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

we don't get a day off though so its a bit pointless
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Sitting in the conservatory basking in the sunshine (there's a feckin gale force wind blowing across the garden), enjoying a nice cold drink.

Ice cold Magners from my favourite glass - it's engraved with the words "European Rugby Cup Winners 1999 - Ulster".

Don't think I'll ever be able to drink Magners again without thinking of one Friday night in May 06 when I downed large quantities of the stuff in the "Rosie" while watching my beloved provinve being crowned Celtic League Champions.

Next season - Magners Celtic League - promotions? free samples? something I can drink in the beer tent?.
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

how dare you drink the drink of the gunners who can't even put out a decent team for us
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

BOTP

I don't think that was the fault of the Gunners.

Anyway is Magners not made in Ireland?
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

maybe but they're sponsoring edinburgh :twisted:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

I assume next season when they sponsor the Celtic League, you won't go to any matches as a matter of principle?

I assume by your "logic" that I am being disloyal to Ulster by banking elsewhere than BoI?

When Smithwicks sponsored the team, I didn't drink the stuff because I don't like beer......

But then you wouldn't remember those days, you weren't even born then!
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

I assume they will stop their sponsorship deal with edinburgh as a matter of priciple so they are not seen as favouring any team in their league.
I also assume your taking a huge over rection to what i said with tongue firmly in cheek.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They have already a deal with Edinburgh until July 2007.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

is that not a bit dodgy though if they do sponsor the tournament. they mightn't recieve a changleng bro at all next season. :roll:
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

As you are only 13, I can't buy you a pint of the stuff.
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

oh no im so disapointed :cry:

not that you would anyway :evil: