SINI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

SINI

Post by Cockatrice »

The subject of the appointment for High Performance Manager has come up on all the relevant sites over the past week.

Having read the criteria for the job it did appear that the standard had been set fairly high and was to a degree surprised at the subsequent appointment.

It has further been mentioned that Willie Anderson applied for the same role and was interviewed although it would appear that at this time this can't be confirmed.

Are Ulster selling themselves short and the University placing themselves in a difficult situation if the person offered the job didn't have the stated criteria for the job.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

The fact it has been mentioned Mike Reid may have been on the committee could have been Anderson's downfall. He has a new job anyway but still would have been the perfect man for the job.
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

No longer the Celtic League winning coach
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

It's a done deal, him and Doak will make a good team.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would imagine that Willie still has his heart set on the Ulster job and this might be one way to go about it.

But what about the original point are Ulster short sight and did personal feelings enter into the choice. That isn 't good for the bigger picture.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

In answer to your question on the blow up doll thread ( i was'nt sure if you were referring to the SINI job or the speculation that Anderson was in for the "Hinch" job ) i don't see that anything has changed. How do you know that Longwell does not have the required qualifications.
Were it the case that his CV fell short then SINI would leave themselves open to an inquiry from the Fair employment agency or some other such body should a complaint be made.
I can understand people holding a candle for Anderson but all the talk surrounding this appointment is just speculation.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I dont think there is any speculation he is in talks, he will be coach there next year, even though a Cooke player told me today he would be coaching there :lol:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

cjp you said............i don't think.......he will be.......a Cooke player told me to-day he would be coaching there.

Still sounds like speculation to me i'm afraid. :?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

That was what I heard today and just to laugh at the fact Cooke think they will get Anderson ahead of Hinch when I have heard from numerous sources that its a done deal at Hinch.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Lets wait and see then CJ. :shock:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

There is a report on the beeb that hes going to Ballynahinch.

Colin :twisted:
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

From Leinster to Scotland................ :lol: Sounds a bit as about face
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

.............to Cooke :(
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

browner - its not just the qualifications (which asked for internationally recognised coaching qualifications) and to be honest I don't know the facts just what I have heard albeit from an informed source. The job also required a proven coaching experience at a high performance level and others as well.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Nowadays it is the norm for players who are interested in staying in the game once their playing careers have finished to take their coaching badges while still playing. I would assume these to be IRB courses, therefore internationally recognised.Proven coaching experience at a high performance level........what does this mean, it is open to interpretation, only SINI could answer that.
Had Anderson got the job i would have had no problem accepting him,but for you to cast doubt on Longwells CV calls into question his integrity and by extension that of SINI.
Informed sources are one thing, facts are another.

In saying all that i do understand your concerns.