Ireland v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Ireland v France

Post by fermain »

OMG what a good game, but have to say, lots of irish errors, in the breakdown, catching the ball, very poor tackles; we need to up the game a little, and level of domination. Ireland look good when they do make an effort, but they're letting France get away with too much. ROG having a great game. Murphy not too bad either. Best could do better, but Hugo is having a stormer..
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

fianlly in the lead - I always liked ROG :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

Thought R. Best played really well along with Boss. Yer man wanted to lay the digs into Boss quite a bit in comparison to Stringer. What could have been with BOD in the team??
**toots**
Novice

Post by **toots** »

I HATE THE FRENCH :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :!:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

bloody John Hayes!!!!!, we always teach the kids about tackling round the hips/legs, and going in with the shoulder. WHERE THE FECK DID YOU LEARN YOUR TACKLING SKILLS ? YOU WERE PATHETIC!!!!!!

This has spoilt all the hard work since last year leading up to the RWC. I am extremely gutted. The Ireland performance on the whole was immense, but at the end they lacked professionalism and lost the will to compete.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I can't believe it. All that hard work undone by failing to secure the ball from the restart, schoolboy stuff. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

We had this game in the bag, and lost it ourselves, can't even blame the ref, as bad as he was for both sides... what a depressing evening ahead, and the next two weeks... :cry:
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

Meester Paulo - you got it spot on - I have had to console my 13 year old who is even more gutted than me. He is livid with the ref, with the French, with the sun in the Irish eyes in the 1st half. He's livid with everything.

But as I have spent the last 10 minutes explaining to him, if you dont secure the restart, especially in a match like this, then you shoot yourself in the head. Hard lesson to learn.

We did superbly fighting our way back into this match and dominating so much of the play in the 2nd half but we gifted the ball away from that restart. Should we have taken the 3 points for the penalty earlier. Its easy to call it now but in the heat of the battle along with our dominance and possession - tough call.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
Rufee
Initiate

Post by Rufee »

excellent game...until the last minute! have to admit though am a little nervous when trimble gets the ball. not sure why but makes me bite the aul nails!
lot of errors both sides, but were france good at turning over the ball or were ireland a bit poop at keeping it at times?
If you obey all the rules You miss all the fun!!
garf11
Novice

Post by garf11 »

gutted really really gutted. spent since the end of the match till now thinking "what if" and i know the feeling will last for a lot longer!

Just didnt close the game out, got so close and then lost concentration, i now know how the english would have felt when shaggy scored that try at the end of last year.

really could knock the confidence for next week too.

seems a bit harsh blaming it all on john hayes though to be fair... thought on the whole ireland played as a fairly solid team unit, hugo linked the forwards and back pretty good. Besty made an immediate impact when he came on. I thought Wallace had an immense game.

Time now to get ourselves together, win another triple crown and hope that someone can stop the french. will england do us any favours? the other thing is, we need to rack up a lot more points in order to balance the scoreline France put on Italy.

its a big ask and its not good that we are now depending on other teams to slip up se we can benifit!

so close
Any ideas for new songs? Ideas on a postcard.
craftynick
Warrior Chief
Location: The home of cheap sangria & cheaper men - Barcelona

Post by craftynick »

as much as it hurts me too say it i think probably the right team won

Not that France were the best team (well not in the 2nd half anyway) but Ireland gave away the game by their errors :(

i do think Ireland were impressive - i though ROGs try was fantastic team work but they just couldnt break the french defence!!!

i thought R best had a good enough game but i would start Flannery next time - Trimble did good for all the time he was on - and N Best did ok

however for me Wallace & Leamy & Horan were the real players - ROG did a pretty sturdy job himself as did POC

as for Boss - i think he did really well - in times he took the intiative were Stringer wouldnt have but alas he did miss out on those penalty opportunities - we may have won if a different decision had been made but its certainly not Boss to blame for our loss
How beatiful it is do nothing, and then rest afterward - Spanish proverb
pingus
Novice

Post by pingus »

I know hindsight is the best sight but whilst standing in a bar in Wandsworth watchng the game I explained to my friend how rugby league teams when winning by a couple of points with a couple of mins to go would kick to the corner and then stick the ball up the jumper. Alas we took the points as is the way in union and invited the French back into our half.

Im not overly concerned about Grand Slams because Im still convinced that we can win the World Cup if results go our way but I hope we learn from these situations and dont just automatically think about taking the easy 3 points.
craftynick
Warrior Chief
Location: The home of cheap sangria & cheaper men - Barcelona

Post by craftynick »

pingus wrote:Im not overly concerned about Grand Slams because Im still convinced that we can win the World Cup if results go our way but I hope we learn from these situations and dont just automatically think about taking the easy 3 points.
please tell me you are taking the pi$h on this

im going to the games but am already planning on backing france when Ireland dont qualify from the pool games :shock:
How beatiful it is do nothing, and then rest afterward - Spanish proverb
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Just absolutely gutted. Thought ROG had sealed the game and then couldn't secure the restart followed by Hayes waving Clerc through. Are we ever gona see an Irish Grand Slam?
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

words fail me... am truly lost for words. can't eat, talk... anything :roll: :evil:

and don't give me that 'isaac played well' guff. he was pap! those steps before the pass... like skippy on speed :?

that re-start will haunt me :evil: :evil: :evil:

i really have to get a cat... to kick :(