Powergen cup tables.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Powergen cup tables.

Post by browner »

Not too healthy for the Grand slammers....................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 298924.stm
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I shouldn't be pleased at someone else's misfortune. But I'm not feeling too sorry for them.

Paul.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Well considering they are 4 of 16 teams and they occupy 2 thirds, a second and a first. Also the second place team Cardiff is in a group that contains one of the best teams in Europe ie Wasps it is not all bad. In the essence of probability they occupy the slots thay ought to and thus should have one semi finalist. Llanelli is looking a reasonable bet. So it is not beyond or below what could reasonably be expected.

Nor is it looking good for the Premiership teams who concidentially occupy all of the last place berths. I think we should be less cynical about them as at the end of the day how they fare is going to be taken as an indication as to how Celtic Rugby is judged in comparative terms with the Premiership. And hopefully persuade a sponsor that this Celtic Rugby thing is a good deal. Maybe even persuade the sponsor who took fright at the end of last season to return.

I do accept that we may not be comparing like with like as there is a real argument that the less successful Premiership sides are more concerned with relegation or rather the lack of it and the preservance of their Premiership status. But it is probably not an unfair reflection if albeit very slightly slanted in Celtic favour as to the comparative strenghts of Celtic and Premiership rugby.

I say good luck to the Welsh.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52