Officials

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Officials

Post by barney »

Anyone else see the "conversion" that Leicester "scored" to tie their game with Newcastle?

Not a good 24 hours for officialdom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 328520.stm
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

didn't see it but read about it on ceefax. Again costing Newcastle, a struggling side, a valuable 2 points at Welford Road.

did see most of the first half. I'm not exactly sure where in the rules that taking a number of punches to the head is a red card offence but I'll defer to cables and others as aour resident experts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 328520.stm

Newcastle director of rugby Rob Andrew: "I was right behind Goode's kick and from where I was standing it clearly didn't go over.
"It was obvious and I couldn't believe it when the flags went up. It's a poor incident, it's a poor decision and it shouldn't happen.

"Whether it cost us the game or not, I'm not prepared to say because there was a lot more rugby after that. It is a wrong decision and it's a fundamental decision that at some point could cost clubs millions of pounds and that's not acceptable."
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The leicester 'try' should have gone to the tv match official anyway. It was a double movement and even after that it didn't even reach the try line. Goode should never have had the opportunity to kick a conversion in the first place. I laughed when i watched it, the ball clearly from the live camera shot didn't go through the posts and the touch judges lifted their flags after the ball had landed in the stand! It was a shocking shocking decision, in both respects. Saying that, it still doesn't beat Rob Dicksons new rugby rules.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999