Should Mark McCall remain as coach of Ulster?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 55

bells123
Novice

Post by bells123 »

A very simple question.

I want to ensure this poll is conducted in as impartial a manner as possible so i won't add my own views here.
burt
Novice

Post by burt »

i would say no he appears to have lost any ability to raise the players for any game . ulster teams of old were probably not as skillfull as current crop :scratch: but made up for it in determination and will to win. that has been seriously lacking most of last season and this season . bringing someone in now give them a chance to assess what we have now and what is required to move the team forward this season is a write off allready top half of the magners is probably the best we can hope for even that doesn't look to hope full at the minute. at least the guinness is good

:evil: :dumdum: :lol:
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, LET THE MADNESS COMMENCE.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He's a nice genuine guy, tries very hard and is an Ulster man through and through but he has lost the belief of his players and supporters. Something needs to be done and sadly the way it works in professional sport is the head coach has to be shown the door.

£10 for a ticket to Edinburgh game, are they having a laugh? What a rip off.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Do the decent thing and go particularly if ashas been suggested that he has lost the dressing room. He should know that the longer he stays the more damage he is causing his beloved Ulster.

ps would love the one person that still offers his support to come out of the woodwork and discuss his position.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I just want someone to tell me who they would replace him with (someone we could afford). There's no point sacking the coach and leaving the team without one.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Solly for one. What about Bradly and/or Elwood? There are plenty of coaches out there.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jackie Brown wrote:Solly for one.

Unfortunatley, i suspect Solly would be looking for at least two
What about Bradly and/or Elwood? There are plenty of coaches out there.
Can't see Bradly wanting it (is Elwood good enough?)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

wouldn't like to see solomons back - he was at best a modest success here.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

darkside lightside wrote:wouldn't like to see solomons back - he was at best a modest success here.
incoming :shock: ...although i agree
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

true, however he didn't have the players to work with. I would say the current crop are talented enough to compete at the highest level.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pehaps the question should have been "Can McCall stay as coach ?" but that is only being picky.
Agree with BR
just want someone to tell me who they would replace him with (someone we could afford). There's no point sacking the coach and leaving the team without one.
There was one man in the stand last night who may well have been a good choice, but I doubt after his treatment last time he was here would come back now, Matt Sexton.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

For any player or coach to get a contract in any professional sport, then that individual is obviously very talented and of a standard many of us dream of aspiring to.
The simple thing is there are many different levels in professional sport and at each level you will find people who are comfortable at this level as this is were their skill level is best suited.
IMO Mr McCall needs to find the level he is best suited to together with a few of the current squad.
Some people have mentioned the added cost of doing this but can Ulster Rugby financially afford not to?
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

I want Mark to stay but the results have just been too bad. The world cup is partly to blame as we've had a different 10 every few minutes but we're going nowhere atm. Fans are already starting to lose desire and the longer this goes on the worse it will get. When was the last time people streamed out of Ravenhill with 10 minutes left?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

They did it at the previous home Heineken Cup game, against the Scarlets.
backofthepack

Post by backofthepack »

It was a rhetorical question. :roll: