BOWE TO OSPREYS

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

BOWE TO OSPREYS

Post by darkside lightside »

[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Re: BOWE TO OSPREYS

Post by aarons »

this is heartbreaking stuff. can't believe it.

didn't really feel that the other departures mattered - they sort of made sense to me. but tommy had everything going for him in Ulster, surely?

if tommy feels the need to leave, i'm more worried about the state of Ulster than ever

:( :( :(
Last edited by aarons on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

I wonder if he was waiting to see if he would be picked for Ireland, or whether he wasn't picked because he was going?

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

darkside lightside wrote:I wonder if he was waiting to see if he would be picked for Ireland, or whether he wasn't picked because he was going?
the timing is interesting, and i suspect there's something to it! very disappointed but i can't blame tommy. UR is a poor example of an organisation and needs to be overhauled to be effective in an increasingly professional, efficient and competitive marketplace.

Good luck to Tommy though!
Last edited by Shafted on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

didn't really feel that the other departures matters - they sort of made sense to me. but tommy had everything going for him in Ulster, surely?
Is he on an Irish contract?

Can't blame him for maximising his earnings................still depressing all the same.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

if this isn't the kick in the ar$e that Ireland needs, I don't know what is - a young star deciding his best option is to go to another Celtic nation..

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Can't believe the rumours were true. A massive blow for us. This is worse than an annus horribilus for Ulster, IMO the management hold a lot of blame for this!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

and to sign for the Ospreys! ugh. I'd even rather he signed for Munster :wink:
Ulster'99
Novice

Post by Ulster'99 »

Didn't think things could get any worse for Ulster but here we are! How can we possibly be hopeful of bringing in big names if we're haemorrhaging the top players we already have! I fear this isn't the end of it! This departure will hurt us bad!
Red Hand PD
Novice

Post by Red Hand PD »

Can't blame TB, at least he has some ambition and pride! The whole thing stinks of more management incompetence ... how many disasters does MR need to create (or allow to happen) before we see a change at the top :evil:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

aaron wrote...............
am i the only one feeling very cynical about this wave of good news stories coming out of the branch?

and it came to pass...............
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

The timing isn't just interesting, I'd say it was fairly well placed, whilst I'm sure he didn't just sign this morning, I reckon his 'announcement' was released as a 'thank you' to Mr O'Sullivan.

Very, very sad news, two years with an option on three as well.

Ever feel you hear the word 'Next' being called and echoing up a corridor...................

Whois?
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Commenting on Tommy’s departure Ulster Rugby CEO, Michael Reid said “We wish Tommy much success in this new phase of his career, we would have hoped for Tommy to remain with us and trust he remembers the door is always open for a return”. Michael Reid went on to say “While a player of Tommy’s experience will be hard to replace it will give more regular opportunities for the fast emerging Mark McCrea and will allow us to bring other rising Academy stars into the Squad”.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11_6397.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Solid Air wrote:The timing isn't just interesting, I'd say it was fairly well placed, whilst I'm sure he didn't just sign this morning, I reckon his 'announcement' was released as a 'thank you' to Mr O'Sullivan.
all credit to Tommy for that, a well-orchestrated message. he's been treated terribly by EoS.
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

browner wrote:
Commenting on Tommy’s departure Ulster Rugby CEO, Michael Reid said “We wish Tommy much success in this new phase of his career, we would have hoped for Tommy to remain with us and trust he remembers the door is always open for a return”. Michael Reid went on to say “While a player of Tommy’s experience will be hard to replace it will give more regular opportunities for the fast emerging Mark McCrea and will allow us to bring other rising Academy stars into the Squad”.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11_6397.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jusitfying cheap replacements...good work mr reid. We are not competing in the market place anymore, and something, somehow will have to change or we will be make weights in the league from now on.
Last edited by Shafted on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.