So where do we play the QF?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So where do we play the QF?

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Personally I found the claws black stuff to be very acceptable - nice pub! I don't remember the prices being out of the ordinary.

Yeah I think it is OK alright. To be honest I think I only had Guinness in there once and don't recall anything wrong with it.

I never had Guinness in Fla's so can't comment on it but the bar itself I could take it or leave it.

If anybody happens to wander into Pier One which is just before Sarsfield Bridge leading to the Ennis Road and Thomond Park do not drink the Guinness. It is rotten.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote: That is unfortunate in terms of the match but rugby isn't everything.
Ah would you catch yerself on man, "way yu steamer" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Away with you. I'll not take lectures from a man who fecks off to Spain rather than going to his province's biggest fecking game in nearly 13 years.

MeertillIburstyu.
>TH >TH >TH
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I've just looked at their website and I think they are definitely a different group. Their pastor is from Ballymena and neither of the people I spoke to were from NI.
Ballymena :shock: nuff said Shan wise to stay clear :lol:
Point of order admin. I didn't write that.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I've just looked at their website and I think they are definitely a different group. Their pastor is from Ballymena and neither of the people I spoke to were from NI.
Ballymena :shock: nuff said Shan wise to stay clear :lol:
Point of order admin. I didn't write that.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: how did that happen mervyn, Shan said it, gremlin alert :alien:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Nice close-up of the playing surface at Thomond Rooster.

Here's one of it a few months earlier when they were about to plant!
I had forgotten about that one :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote: [
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: how did that happen mervyn, Shan said it, gremlin alert :alien:
Feck sake Rooster. That looks like a user related issue to me and I thought you were a bit of a computer whizz kid.

Maybe some retraining in the use of the quote feature is required for you.
>TH
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

To be fair to Sky.... and no, I'm not starting a new thread. France2 have the French games televised at 1600 or 1630 on Saturday and Sunday so those slots are taken and paid for. In effect the choice was early on Sat. or the Sunday.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Irish Times - Thursday, January 26, 2012Ulster's Easter fixture stays
GERRY MORIARTY, Northern Editor

THE DUBLIN-based governing body of European Club Rugby (the ERC) have turned down a request from the Ulster Rugby Football Union not to have their Heineken Cup Munster versus Ulster clash played on Easter Sunday, it was confirmed yesterday.

Ulster, conscious of the strong Christian commitments of players such as Irish international Andrew Trimble, captain Johann Muller, and scrumhalf Ruan Pienaar, had asked the ERC to have the game on a day other than a Sunday.

The Ulster Branch also made the request in the knowledge that a significant number of fans, whatever about attending a Sunday game, would have reservations about going to a game on perhaps the most important date in the Christian calendar, Easter Sunday.

Ulster’s press officer Lyndsey Irwin confirmed the request was rejected. “We did ask the ERC to consider not making us play on a Sunday but ultimately it is their decision and the decision of the broadcasters. There is not an awful lot we can do about it,” she said yesterday.

Irwin said, however that while there were a number of players for whom the practice of their Christianity was important: “our players do play on a Sunday, it is not an issue for any of them.”

While the 1.45 pm kick-off at Thomond Park in Limerick would also present difficulties for fans she was confident the full 6,000 ticket allocation to Ulster would be taken up.

David Tweed, who played for Ireland and Ulster in the 1980s and 1990s, said in his playing days the Sunday issue did not arise because no games were played on that day, but it would cause problems for him were he playing now.

Tweed, a councillor with the staunch Traditional Unionist Voice party in Ballymena, Co Antrim, said he didn’t want to make a “big issue” of the game being played on Easter Sunday but felt the ERC could have facilitated Ulster.

“When there are sensitivities involved I think they should be taken on board,” he said.

John Corcoran of the ERC said it was decided the Leinster v Cardiff Blues games would take place on Saturday “as Leinster Rugby confirmed their intention to bring the match to the 50,000 capacity Aviva Stadium, which would therefore give far more fans the opportunity to attend this game”.

“The Saturday evening kick-off also reflects the appeal of the clash for international broadcasters,” he added.
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:John Corcoran of the ERC said it was decided the Leinster v Cardiff Blues games would take place on Saturday “as Leinster Rugby confirmed their intention to bring the match to the 50,000 capacity Aviva Stadium, which would therefore give far more fans the opportunity to attend this game”.
Miaow, am I the only one that reads that as a bit of an ERC snub because Munster refused to move the game to Dublin?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Rooster wrote:John Corcoran of the ERC said it was decided the Leinster v Cardiff Blues games would take place on Saturday “as Leinster Rugby confirmed their intention to bring the match to the 50,000 capacity Aviva Stadium, which would therefore give far more fans the opportunity to attend this game”.
Miaow, am I the only one that reads that as a bit of an ERC snub because Munster refused to move the game to Dublin?
Can't have seen them playing both same day so unless they moved Leinster match to Sunday it would not have happened and Leinster probably would have got first shout at Aviva anyway as they frequently use it
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Rooster wrote:
The Irish Times - Thursday, January 26, 2012Ulster's Easter fixture stays
GERRY MORIARTY, Northern Editor

THE DUBLIN-based governing body of European Club Rugby (the ERC) have turned down a request from the Ulster Rugby Football Union not to have their Heineken Cup Munster versus Ulster clash played on Easter Sunday, it was confirmed yesterday.

Ulster, conscious of the strong Christian commitments of players such as Irish international Andrew Trimble, captain Johann Muller, and scrumhalf Ruan Pienaar, had asked the ERC to have the game on a day other than a Sunday.

The Ulster Branch also made the request in the knowledge that a significant number of fans, whatever about attending a Sunday game, would have reservations about going to a game on perhaps the most important date in the Christian calendar, Easter Sunday.

Ulster’s press officer Lyndsey Irwin confirmed the request was rejected. “We did ask the ERC to consider not making us play on a Sunday but ultimately it is their decision and the decision of the broadcasters. There is not an awful lot we can do about it,” she said yesterday.

Irwin said, however that while there were a number of players for whom the practice of their Christianity was important: “our players do play on a Sunday, it is not an issue for any of them.”

While the 1.45 pm kick-off at Thomond Park in Limerick would also present difficulties for fans she was confident the full 6,000 ticket allocation to Ulster would be taken up.

David Tweed, who played for Ireland and Ulster in the 1980s and 1990s, said in his playing days the Sunday issue did not arise because no games were played on that day, but it would cause problems for him were he playing now.

Tweed, a councillor with the staunch Traditional Unionist Voice party in Ballymena, Co Antrim, said he didn’t want to make a “big issue” of the game being played on Easter Sunday but felt the ERC could have facilitated Ulster.

“When there are sensitivities involved I think they should be taken on board,” he said.

John Corcoran of the ERC said it was decided the Leinster v Cardiff Blues games would take place on Saturday “as Leinster Rugby confirmed their intention to bring the match to the 50,000 capacity Aviva Stadium, which would therefore give far more fans the opportunity to attend this game”.

“The Saturday evening kick-off also reflects the appeal of the clash for international broadcasters,” he added.
If you would mind looking back a few pages I brought this issue up. Think this is ERC and Sky being stupid again as Leinster and their fans have no issues over it being on Sunday but we do. Why not move the games around? You know Leinster will fill Lansdowne whatever day it is.

Hard one, not sure if I'll go due to the religious weekend. That said, there'll never be a better chance to see Ulster in an HEC QF away from home...
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

In answer to the question posed at the beginning of this thread; some hundreds of posts ago...

...Thomond Park.

How how how how how is this still active?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

In answer to the question posed at the beginning of this thread; some hundreds of posts ago...

...mostly in their half (with any luck).

How how how how how is this still active?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tremendously difficult for those of a TUV "bent" but then again it must be a difficult life with a TUV bent.

I can heartily recommend getting yourself into this century and go to Spain for Easter instead. They have some fabulous parades where all the local mentalists dress up as more colourful equivalents of the KKK carrying outlandishly ornate statues through their townlands & cities to celebrate Semana Santa - nothing to do with Christmas, its Holy Week.
Semsanta.jpg
Semsanta.jpg (11.73 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Makes our mentalists look positively drab, and I don't just mean .................. oh maybe not.

Hey did I ever tell you the joke about Paddy Murphy's nails?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Tremendously difficult for those of a TUV "bent" but then again it must be a difficult life with a TUV bent.

I can heartily recommend getting yourself into this century and go to Spain for Easter instead. They have some fabulous parades where all the local mentalists dress up as more colourful equivalents of the KKK carrying outlandishly ornate statues through their townlands & cities to celebrate Semana Santa - nothing to do with Christmas, its Holy Week.
Semsanta.jpg
Makes our mentalists look positively drab, and I don't just mean .................. oh maybe not.

Hey did I ever tell you the joke about Paddy Murphy's nails?
Aye, and the same mentallists spend the summer parading round as Moors and Christians. :lol:

I've got a hovel there too. I only go out there to brush up on me Estuary English.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall