Mexicans

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikkii6
Novice

Re: Mexicans

Post by mikkii6 »

I found them to be a good laugh generally and they added an all Ireland element to the day which was welcome. I tended to find a minority of Leinster Fans a bit unfriendly, although the stress I put on this might be as much to do with Ulster losing and things bothering me a bit more as a result.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I foundcany Leinster fans good to talk to but they were mostly older generation. Younger fans we spke to were turks, munster, Ospreys, Biarittz and Connaght fans. All great craic. the only Leinster fan I saw out of order was the young lady who stood up at the end in the Ulster? section pointing, shouting, doing the w@nker hand-sign and giving the bird to Ulster fans. How someone didn't plant one in her bake I have no idea! I would have!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The most annoying pillock I saw all day was an Ulster supporter. He was on our flights. In the morning he was being partcuarly mouthy, but just in a mildly irritating 'look at me' way. On the way home he was particularly annoying. Made a real tube of himself on the flight home when the plane wasn't leaving as quickly as he wanted, he stood up and asked one of the cabin staff in a loud voice: "Can we leave now?". She told him to sit down and put his seatbelt on.
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

Was down in Dublin last year for the Celtic League semi final and have no complaints at all about the Leinster fans, all I met were fine. I am sure there are plenty of w*nk*rs amongst them, but you will find them at Ravenhill too I bet.

I suppose the one Leinster fan who is winding me up a fair bit is the brother in law, who has gone from not owning a Leinster shirt (whilst owning both an Ulster and Munster one) to bragging about how Leinster will have a excess of 2 star shirts available that will need replacing in the space of around 3 years.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Met lots yesterday. As gracious as you could possibly expect, especialy given the tanking they gave us.

I subscribe to the view that there's about the same % of great Ulster, Munster and Leinster fans (maybe more Connacht ones in my experience of them!) and about the same % of undesireables in each group.

If we'd won yesterday we'd have been smug as hell and lording it over them.
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

You meet ballbegs in all walks of life. THe Leinster fans I spoke with yesterday, before and after the game were a good laugh and gracious in victory.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As I said earlier I assumed others would have better experience, all I can say is that is my 5th final and have never found fewer people interested in craic with people they weren't in company with. I am a gregarious soul happy to talk to anyone just didn't find many like minded Mexicans. Shame I rave about the craic at HC finals but yesterday wasn't great in terms of mixing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

We had great craic with everyone we met, to the extent that we're down an Ulster fleg and have acquired a Leinster one.

Eh. Last time I let SWMBO mind the flegs.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Everyone I meet all weekend was awesome.

The only numpties I saw was a handful of our own who where a bit out of order due to drink/sore losers, and the annoying egits on the return flight who must have never left the country before and kept looking out the window as we flew up belfast lough and asking if that was scotland out the right window (north shore) and norn iron on the left window (holywood and other stupid stuff, what position did Toulous finish in the celtic league, why are there no english teams in the league? etc etc
Why? Why not?
exciledknight
Novice

Post by exciledknight »

had a good laugh with two lads in " The Cabbage Patch " Micheal n Enda pre match, and a rather tasty young lady back at the hotel (ale consumpion may have affected my eyes by this point) no problems with anyone really
" i was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth"
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

The Leinster fans with us were good crack sang Stand Up with us at the end and gave the Ulster team encouragement for next season and a rematch etc...... 6 seats to the right however in L2 row 37 we had to watch a fellow Ulsterman make a complete c**k of himself from start to finish. drunk from the start he fell into an elderly Leinster women in front of him, at half time he was now asleep with his head and dead wait body pressed against her back while his mates left him like this to go to the bar, upon their return and his awakening from his slumber he proceeded to projectile vomit towards these Leinster fans, his mate made the best of an Ulster flag to minimise the damage but if I had been her husband I would have been sitting with the Met police overnight and in front of the Beak!

Munster & Leinster fans alike I met made me a lot happy to be linked with than that other Ashton!

I hope he is never again seen near an Ulster shirt or match for that matter! >#
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
kealo1976
Novice

Post by kealo1976 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:This will sound bitter but I really don't care. The mexicans confirmed last night why in general I don't like them. Normally you get a good bit of craic at Heineken finals. Last night almost none however I had the great pleasure of seeing an all-Mexican fight in which two guys came to blows with one getting an inch long gash under his eye and roughly 20 loud mouthed Mexicans shouting vicious abuse in the foulest terms. They had just made it 30 yards out of the stadium and we were waiting for a taxi at a bus stop & had a young lady join us for protection. She was a local who will have a fine opinion. Of Irish fans.

Went to Richmond and only spoke to one set of Mexico fans all night who wanted to do antthing but gloat. I 'ce never understood the apparent like of Mexicans over Turnipstnis on this forum and last night had my own preference confirmed big time. A bunch of meanspirited bandwagoning Dubs by and large though hopefully many of you met a better side of Mexico.
I'm sorry you feel that way about us Leinster fans. Every team has it share of gobshites and we're no exception. As we're the top team in Europe, we're bound to get quite a few jumping on the bandwagon. This type of 'fan' barely knows the rules of the game and how to conduct themselves at a rugby match. They probably wouldn't know how to get to the RDS if asked for diections!

I can't help but feel there's a little bit of sour grapes here, but that's your prerogative. Most Blues are decent skins and while we might engage in a bit of banter, nothing is meant by it. Some eejits might take it too far, but they're not representative of all Leinster supporters. I personally have a lot of time for Ulster fans, particularly after the warm welcome my mates and I received at Ravenhill last month. I hope the next time you travel down to Dublin, you meet some real Leinster fans and it changes your opinion of us.
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Have to say had great craic with the Leinster fans including a great group of young lads from Carlow in the Old Ship in Richmond prior to the game and in the supporters village before and after. When we finally made it back to the hotel had a great and lengthy chat with a young blue and his mrs, a fine couple and complimentary to Ulster and gracious in victory as they say. Maybe just lucky but couldn't say a bad word about any of them :salut:
Post Tenebras Lux
TheThranWhoFellToEarth
Novice

Post by TheThranWhoFellToEarth »

Just came on here to say had a great time with you lot yesterday. All the Ulster fans I met couldn't have been nicer, I'll be visiting Ravenhill from now on if the craic is that good! (and the scoreline!) But bloody hell, did every last one of you go to Methody? How big IS that school?? Great fun was had, even just travelling which is something I really don't enjoy usually.

Also met two guys from Down I had met at All-Ireland semi final between Kildare and Down in 2010. Great to see that kind of cross-polination for social reasons but it actually has practical sporting benefits too e.g. Kearney, Geordan Murphy, Shane Horgan, Tommy Bowe, Zinzan Brooke....I could go on.

Paddy Jackson is still the future for Ireland and I hope the present for Ulster. Seen him twice before this and he has the skillz to pay the billz. Re-watched the match today, he clearly looked to Nigel Owens before kicking that ball out on the full before he was taken off. Well, now he has motivation to fuel the fire for years to come, just like when ROG missed that kick against Northampton in 2000 in the same venue. Jackson strikes me as having a similarly determined temperament.

To the OP, if you went up to any strangers, no doubt with a few drinks on you, and addressed them as "Mexicans" (with an attitude as bellicose as your signature) then you shouldn't be surprised that they didn't want to be your friend. As you alluded to yourself, you already had a dislike. Maybe it shone through? Sure, you can shout at Tommy Bowe about being a Mexican to your heart's content next season.

Anyway, SUFTUM! :cheers: :cheers: (since Ulstermen is all one word, shouldn't it be SUFTU?)
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

fermain wrote:I foundcany Leinster fans good to talk to but they were mostly older generation. Younger fans we spke to were turks, munster, Ospreys, Biarittz and Connaght fans. All great craic. the only Leinster fan I saw out of order was the young lady who stood up at the end in the Ulster? section pointing, shouting, doing the w@nker hand-sign and giving the bird to Ulster fans. How someone didn't plant one in her bake I have no idea! I would have!

I had the great pleasure of sitting in front of that girls 5 D4 idiot friends in the Ulster section. They were the most arrogant set of eejits i've come across, I had to tear a strip of them and told them to remember where they were sitting when they started running down Ulster. It shut them up but i honestly thought it was going to kick off. I will be reporting the seat numbers to the Ulster branch in case they want to check up who bought them........ Met a lot of old school Leinster fans who were great to talk to and very gracious in victory. All of them oldies of course.