Doaky AND Les in 2015

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

The Ulsterian
Initiate

Re: It's Doaky .........FFS UR put this to bed !!!

Post by The Ulsterian »

Doakie.jpg
Doakie.jpg (94.84 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
Neil Doak speaks to Gail Davis of @skysportsnewshq ahead of the launch of the #EPCRchampionscup

Could the announcement be delayed til Doakie gets back from SupaDupa Cup launch.
Columbo
Steward

Re: It's Doaky .........MOST Probably

Post by Columbo »

kingofthehill wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:I sense an announcement in 48hrs.
To borrow a phrase from Fleg, Big meeting, Big meeting! :lol:
Signed,sealed and delivered.
The 48 hrs was up 20 mins ago!!
..one more thing
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Rooster wrote:Even the Irish Times reckons it's Doakie and guess who was asked about the Super Duper today, Doakie.
What is interesting though is that the Times mentions of Doak are all in the context of 'Head Coach' - we now know, from the Team Manager job spec, that there will be a DoR as well. So it'll be interesting to see if just the Head Coach role is confirmed at this stage, or the whole shebang, Dor, Team Manager etc etc (If so they have moved very fast on the Team Manager front!!)
..one more thing
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Les Kiss will be back as DOR.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I see Pottymouth's new job has gone to his head.Image
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:I see Pottymouth's new job has gone to his head.Image
Please Snipe, Pottymouth????????????? Hardly becoming of a man in his position, I much prefer Sir Swearalot, got a catchy ring to it, Pottymouth is just so so common. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

His Excellency Coprolalia Profanus - Baron of Tourette
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

IRFU Confirms Les Kiss to return to Ulster after Rugby World Cup 2015
After the abrupt departure of David Humphreys, followed by Ulster Rugby's decision to release Mark Anscombe, the IRFU provided Les Kiss in the role of interim Director of Rugby for the province. Les Kiss will leave Ulster next week to take up his full-time coaching duties with the National Team as they prepare for the Guinness Series, Six Nations and RWC 2015. At the conclusion of the Rugby World Cup 2015, Les will return to Ulster in a full-time role as Director of Rugby.

The IRFU believes that the experience and expertise provided by Les Kiss post RWC 2015 will aid the coaching group at Ulster and will also help to develop players.

Les Kiss said "I am very appreciative of the continued faith the IRFU and Ulster Rugby have demonstrated in me and, while I'm delighted to get the security in the long term, I am very much focused first and foremost on the next 12 months. It's exciting that the Springboks arrive here in just over 3 weeks and that the Guinness Series is almost upon us. The National coaching team have remained in close contact and Joe has been particularly supportive of my dual roles over the last few months, which has made things a lot easier for me.”

Ireland Head Coach, Joe Schmidt, is enthusiastic about his coaching colleague’s future post, but is staying short term focused "Les is tremendous value and his integrity, coaching ability and positivity will add definite value to Ulster in the long term. But, like the rest of the National coaching team, we are both very much focused on the upcoming Guinness Series. Beyond that there are plenty of challenges leading up to Six Nations and RWC 2015.”

Ulster CEO, Shane Logan expressed his appreciation for the support offered by the IRFU and also confirmed the appointment of a Head Coach "We are pleased to have completed negotiations with Neil Doak, as Head Coach, and are close to finalising our other coaching requirements. We will announce a team manager in due course to bridge the gap prior to Les taking up his role allowing him to be fully committed to his coaching duties with the National Team.”

Finally, IRFU Performance Director, David Nucifora, reiterated the IRFU's commitment to supporting the provinces in saying that "Les and Neil are an ideal fit for Ulster. Les did a great job guiding them through a disruptive period and will head back there post RWC 2015.”
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/News/LatestN ... -2015.aspx
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: It's Doaky ........ AND Les in 2015

Post by thecrouch »

So are we writing this season off and just hoping that Doak qualifies us for Europe again?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Didn't see that coming.

Glad to see Kiss come full time just a pity we don't have him this season.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Happy with that, this was a drawn out saga when many of us have heard this as the team 3 - 4 weeks ago. Wondering why it was taking so long, I misunderstood a piece of info & thought the Kiss end of things had been a bum stear.

Good luck to all concerned, the announcement can only help to bring a settled feeling instead of the apparent doubt of the last few weeks.

Right lads, get on with it. :fleg:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kanbei
Novice

Re: It's................... Doaky AND Les in 2015

Post by Kanbei »

What's the dynamic going to be like next season I wonder. Surely Kiss will have coaching responsibilities so where does that leave the "head coach" if the Director of Rugby is his superior?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wheres Rennie?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Old news :wink:
The King is dead. Long live the King.