Shocking Calls

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Shocking Calls

Post by Spiffsson »

BuckRogers wrote:
Russ wrote:Interesting call in Bulls Cheetahs game

Le Roux awarded a penalty in a fair content as he jumped higher and earlier and landed awkwardly

TMO appears to have wanted cards
I watched that, lot of chat from the ref about the 'rules' of the outcome ie because Le Roux got up first and higher, even though he barged into the boy, he got the penalty.

As I said at the time of the Payne incident when Goode/Sarries milked it for all it was worth it will only be a matter of time before we see increasing football like theatrics to induce more serious punishments for the offender.

World Rugby is going down a dark path.
Saw the game. Total bolllocks from the ref. It that were the law, then players could deliberately jump early with no intention of contesting the ball, just to get off the ground first, get higher than the other guy, take him out and milk the penalty (or card). More and more in these aerial contests, it's the player causing most danger who ends up with the penalty.
Also, leading with the studs should be an automatic card.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Ulster v Leinster, not too many moons ago, George Clancy blows the whistle for full time, after a lot of goal line defending by Ulster, giving a win to Ulster :cheers:
But hold on a minute >jawdrop
Clancy then decides, with all of the players walking of the pitch, to go to the TMO to find out if a try had been scored.
Fortunately common sense prevails and the players, bemused, get to leave the pitch for a second time :whistle:
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Samstew wrote:Ulster v Leinster, not too many moons ago, George Clancy blows the whistle for full time, after a lot of goal line defending by Ulster, giving a win to Ulster :cheers:
But hold on a minute >jawdrop
Clancy then decides, with all of the players walking of the pitch, to go to the TMO to find out if a try had been scored.
Fortunately common sense prevails and the players, bemused, get to leave the pitch for a second time :whistle:
Caved in to Plug gurning at him. Wuss.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Not particularly terrible in the context of result or anything but I believe Clancy/Deadly Dudley binned TJ Anderson at the RDS for trying to jackal a Leinster player deep inside Leinster's 22 with only 20/25minutes on the clock.

I remember watching the TV blankly for about 5minutes after struggling to get my head around it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BuckRogers wrote:Not particularly terrible in the context of result or anything but I believe Clancy/Deadly Dudley binned TJ Anderson at the RDS for trying to jackal a Leinster player deep inside Leinster's 22 with only 20/25minutes on the clock.

I remember watching the TV blankly for about 5minutes after struggling to get my head around it.
Aye remember that one but I just watched the tv screen, not much but wires ad cobwebs round the back
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I remember TJ Anderson one, absolutely shocking.

Another awful one regarding the high ball contest. Wales v RSA, 10mins(?) left, JP Pietersen up against welsh winger (can't remember which one), both in the air contesting the ball. Both land awkwardly, Welshman lands on shoulder, Pietersen ends up with a dislocated finger and a yellow card. Ridiculous call.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Oh thats right.
Clancy blowing the final whistle then going to the tmo when the players were practicality in the changing rooms.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Regarding the own "try " the original mistake was to allow similar coloured jersey's to be honest watching the replay I failed to notice the grounding was a defender .
The referee should awarded a penalty to the defending team for unsporting conduct " for accepting a try which they didn't ground .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

SA v Lions 2009, many decisions in the tests.

In the second Schalk Burger should have seen a straight red for a gouge.

There was also a farcical incident between the TMO, who I think was French and could barely speak English, and the ref who didn't speak French. What should have been a 5m scrum to the Lions resulted in a 22 to SA.

Still probably the highest quality test series I have ever seen, maybe eclipsed by NZ in South Africa in '96 but a close run thing.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

#jesuispatlam
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The Pro 12 don't like it up them.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Pat Lam charged with misconduct.
If this is correct for me it just about sums up this league I guess the administrators are straight out of the Ulster Rugby school of mushroom management.
It will be really interesting to see how many of Lam's fellow managers stand beside him if not on the specific Hodges issue then on the general quality of the officiating.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

The League had no choice here and charging Lam was inevitable. What really is important is what happens at the hearing. I would assume Lam's legal reps. would have the opportunity to question Hodges.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:Image
That is not just outrageous, it's utterly shameless by the powers that be, to being disciplined for telling the truth, the whole truth & feck all but the truth.

I deem them cowards.

Je suis Pat Lam aussi.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.