Arrivals & Departures

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

andy white
Novice

Re: Arrivals & Departures

Post by andy white »

His dad is a proud Munster man so I wouldn't rule it out completely
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

andy white wrote:His dad is a proud Munster man so I wouldn't rule it out completely
:? His father Paul was a Schools Rugby senior cup winner with Newbridge, Co Kildare in 1970 while his mother Ann played hockey for both Kildare and Leinster.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

NO EXCUSE....Have a word Rooster!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Ryan Caldwell signs 2 year contract according to Beeb NI this morning.

Hooray!
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tevez wrote:Ryan Caldwell signs 2 year contract according to Beeb NI this morning.

Hooray!
BBC wrote:Caldwell confirms new Ulster deal

Ulster Rugby has confirmed that lock Ryan Caldwell has signed a new two-year deal.

Following his inclusion into the IRFU's High Performance Select Group of elite players, it was a matter of sorting out the small print before Caldwell signed.

It is a big boost for the Ulster squad who are expected to lose Roger Wilson and Neil McMillan to English sides.

The 23-year-old Caldwell looks set to be called up for Ireland's A squad next week.

Caldwell led RBAI to Ulster Schools' Cup success in 2003 and represented Ireland and Ulster Schools' as well as playing for the Ireland U21 side.

He was originally on an Ulster Development contract and made his full debut against Treviso in the Heineken Cup in 2005.

He has since been a regular in the Ulster starting line-up this season following some explosive performance at the tail-end of last season.

He is very much on Irish coach Eddie O'Sullivan's radar, but he still raw and once he learns to curb his sometimes over-exuberant discipline, could go a long way.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Bunz
Novice

Post by Wee Bunz »

Tevez wrote:Ryan Caldwell signs 2 year contract according to Beeb NI this morning.

Hooray!
Saw that earlier in the BT. Nothing in the Snoozeletter an no mention at all on the UR website.

Fantastic news!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

From the Irish Times today
Caldwell would be a massive loss and he is being chased by several Premiership clubs while Ireland squad member Tommy Bowe, a try scorer the last day, is believed to be a target for the Ospreys and the Leicester Tigers. Matt Williams will have to do some fast talking when he returns from Australia to take up the reins at the end of the month.
Caldwell is sorted and staying.
Tommy and no mention of Munster, can't see him going to Ospreys though Tigers might be possible but then why would they have him in high performance group :?
My money on Tommy signing another contract with Ulster within the next 2 weeks.
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bele Tele wrote:Meanwhile, Ulster are in discussions with around half a dozen top international stars including All Blacks and Auckland Blues pair Troy Flavell and Nick Evans.

Flavell (30) can play lock or back-row, while Evans (27) can play full-back but is more comfortable at fly-half.

Flavell, who is the current Blues captain and has played 22 times for the All Blacks, just missed out on World Cup selection.

Flavell also had a spell in Japan before returning home to take up residence in Auckland in 2005.

Evans, Dan Carter's deputy at the World Cup in France, is exceptionally skilful, quick and an established goal-kicker.

The overseas recruitment however will be influenced by whether the out-of-contract Ulster players stay or go.

Ulster may need to fill holes should some fly the nest and will adjust their signings accordingly.
Full story about this and Caldwell
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 359666.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Caldwell confirmed on UR
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11_6367.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Caldwell confirmed on UR
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Don't think MW is searching down-under without a fair idea how things are going to shake out.
He will have had a good chat with each of the ? players and will know which way the wind is blowing.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

Bluff and counter bluff!

Never did see Caldwell going as he will be a new father soon. As for Evans, Parks and Flavell they seem to be very convenient names dropped into the public domain (to harden the negotiating position?).

Must be quite a few agents raising the rumours on the message boards ;)
The future isn't what it used to be
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Fly Half wrote:Bluff and counter bluff!
... could be.... "why would we pay you more money when we can pay more money to get someone better?" :wink:
RedHand Man
Novice

Post by RedHand Man »

I know Evans is a class player but would rather see O'Connor get more game time at Magners and HEC level. He is the guy I reckon will be the next Irish fly half. I rate him above Sexton
It only starts to hurt when you stop hitting your head against the brick wall
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

A side like us needs 3 fly halves on the books - Humph and Larkin leaving or left.
I see no problem with Evans signing, that leaves us with Evans, Walalce and O'Connor. We cant go into a season
with just Wallace and O'Connor. Plus with Bart leaving Evans will provide us with a second full back
Big Dog
Novice

Post by Big Dog »

Are we likely to sign Nick Evans? He is world class! It really would be a significant coup.
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

we'll probably end up with linda evans! Good PR, but i doubt we'll get either flavell or evans...although i'd love it if we did