Try/No Try?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Try/No Try?

Post by BR »

It was Humph's try that I believe the TJ got wrong, as did many of the Ulster supporters around me (Aquinas end terrace) - didn't stop us shouting like, but if I'm to be honest, it looked like a 22 to me. And rather than talking crp Brian, I was trying to clarify what other people had seen for the knock-on. It looked good to me, but I did not have the best view, hence the question.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Doesn't seem to be conclusive either way - witness Castres try today against Gloucester - looked good but the referee was behind and so went upstairs; camera angle showed ball was dropped before the line quite clearly but the TMO gave the try anyway!!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Rooster wrote:There is also the point that the photo could prove Danielli put is had on the ball after he knocked it on, think about it photos do lie at times.
Or so David Attoub said anyway :wink:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

BR wrote: And rather than talking crp Brian, I was trying to clarify what other people had seen for the knock-on. It looked good to me, but I did not have the best view, hence the question.
Oops, my post didn't really mean to say that :oops: :oops: . Was just coincidental that I was responding to Rob6 so soon after speaking with Diack, and obviously didn't word it very well!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

brianc wrote:
BR wrote: And rather than talking crp Brian, I was trying to clarify what other people had seen for the knock-on. It looked good to me, but I did not have the best view, hence the question.
Oops, my post didn't really mean to say that :oops: :oops: . Was just coincidental that I was responding to Rob6 so soon after speaking with Diack, and obviously didn't word it very well!!
Ahh... sure we can call it quits on the other 99% of my posts where I am talking crp! :)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

brianc wrote:Amazing the amount of cr*p people will tell you Rob6. Was talking to Robbie after the game & he is already getting some stick about dropping the ball over the line. Said he wasn't looking forward to seeing the video :lol: :lol:
Fair enough Brianc.... I was only posting what I was told.... I was down at the half way line on the terrace and couldn't see what was happening!!!
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

BR wrote:It was Humph's try that I believe the TJ got wrong, as did many of the Ulster supporters around me (Aquinas end terrace) - didn't stop us shouting like, but if I'm to be honest, it looked like a 22 to me. And rather than talking crp Brian, I was trying to clarify what other people had seen for the knock-on. It looked good to me, but I did not have the best view, hence the question.
Looks ok to me based on the one camera angle available. Re Danielli's - photo looks conclusive but how the touch judge gave it from the angle he saw it from I'll never know!
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

read the papers

look at the websites

check the scoreboard

they WERE tries :cheers: (except Robbie's, obviously) :(
Digifriendly
Novice

Post by Digifriendly »

Setanta wrote:Doesn't seem to be conclusive either way - witness Castres try today against Gloucester - looked good but the referee was behind and so went upstairs; camera angle showed ball was dropped before the line quite clearly but the TMO gave the try anyway!!
Castres played Northampton on Friday and Gloucester were playing Agen in the Amlin Cup not the HC.
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

Always ate your spuds....
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Didn't have many doubts about Danielli's. Do you have any pics of iHumph's though?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Billyboy
Novice

Post by Billyboy »

NO TRY
http://dicksondigital.com/index.cgi?por ... 10_219.jpg

Don't see any pics around for the Humph try but it looked ok to me.
Always ate your spuds....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The 2 with a doubt were ihumph's and Robbies, one given one disallowed.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best