Ireland squad for AI's

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland squad for AI's

Post by Snipe Watson »

Is it not a Wolfhounds side that is playing Fiji?
I suspect that Henry, Cave, Touhy, Trimble will all be involved in the senior 23.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Paddy Wallace needs to be at 10 with Luke Marshall at 12, when the time comes.

Also is this the first time that Ulster have the largest representation of players in the Ireland squad?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

breakdown wrote:

Also is this the first time that Ulster have the largest representation of players in the Ireland squad?
Largest number in squad and smallest number in team probably.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Wouldnt think they would take it that lightly Snipe. It will be a strong Fiji side we play, bit too much of a test for the Wolfhounds.

There were two 'Ireland XV' matches last season

v Connacht - Cronin, Cullen, Boss, P Wallace, Cave, McFadden, G Murphy, Leamy all started and Henry, Murray and Ryan were on the bench

and

v Barbarians - Earls, Cave, Wallace, O'Gara, Murray, Touhy and Henry all started with DOC, Trimble and Rory on the bench.

I would take a guess and say we will see the same again, a few younger guys in the mix with some older heads dotted around as well.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I don't expect to many central contracts to handed out before next September thus many are there to hold tackle bags and put through the attitude test, with 14 there I expect at least 6-7 to be on the train home thursday afternoon at the latest.

Who depends---- more on who is injured than who is on form or out of form.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The team against Baa Baas had no Leinster players as far as I remember as they were playing in PRO12 final
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Agers
Novice

Post by Agers »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-unio ... m=facebook

Small Paul, Gilroy, Jackson and Fitzpatrick now called up to the squad (sorry if that's been posted here already) Had Kidney finally seen some sense??
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Agers wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-unio ... m=facebook

Small Paul, Gilroy, Jackson and Fitzpatrick now called up to the squad (sorry if that's been posted here already) Had Kidney finally seen some sense??
No, he is sabotaging us of course. The aim of this evil is too try to open up the Rabo by completely screwing with our preparations for the Embra game. Doc Dave may have to get the boots out to make up numbers for any significant preparation.

Hope you are happy now that your gurning & bitching has resulted in emptying our squad. I know Deccie reads this forum, he told me himself.
TANTRUM.gif
TANTRUM.gif (1.47 KiB) Viewed 318 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ken2mj wrote:Can you say feck on here?

If so, feck.
In theory no, its a heinous offence to sidestep the fullback, ooooooooooops sorry, the word censor, however in the normal course of things moderators overlook - fook, fack, fock, feckers, fecknut and many other variants.

Welcome to the world of nearly fecking sweary words, you ould focker. Just remember never to say ># , completely frowned upon.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

If so, feck.
In theory no, its a heinous offence to sidestep the fullback, ooooooooooops sorry, the word censor, however in the normal course of things moderators overlook - fook, fack, fock, feckers, fecknut and many other variants.

Welcome to the world of nearly fecking sweary words, you ould focker. Just remember never to say ># , completely frowned upon.
Not strictly true as you can type feck and it is not changed.
Probably due the fact that a drunken priest is a moderator and along with drink and women the word is pretty high up his vocabulary list.
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
breakdown wrote:

Largest number in squad and smallest number in team probably.
No, in the sad absence of Cables, I don't have exact details but in the good old days before subs were allowed our magnificent province to provide 8 of the 15 more than once.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

If so, feck.

Not strictly true as you can type feck and it is not changed.
Probably due the fact that a drunken priest is a moderator and along with drink and women the word is pretty high up his vocabulary list.
Time to hoak out the reading glasses or a trip to specsavers my fine feathered friend.

Its great having the odd degenerate as a mod mind you, no offence Father, no offence, you are a treasure. :D
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I believe Fecum is therefore in Gaelic although I wouldn't bet on it and Faugh a Ballagh, which definitely sounds like something else means clear the way (approx.!) plus at least half a dozen other pronunciations that could be misconstrued; that leaves feck as part of the Irish conversation. ;)
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Faugh a Ballagh - clear the way - motto of the Royal Irish :red: >minigun :red:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

breakdown wrote:Paddy Wallace needs to be at 10 with Luke Marshall at 12, when the time comes.

We had some pretty impressive numbers back about 2002-ish....
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean