Kingspan Stadium

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

Re: Kingspan Stadium

Post by davejohnston »

Windeos wrote:
I'm sorry but this is a load of balls. It's giving Ulster Rugby a good chuck of cash for something which has absolutely zero impact on the team or fans. It's free money.

Who cares what the "official" name of the stadium is. Every single fan will still call it Ravenhill. So what's the problem here?
Exactly, while it would have been nice to keep Ravenhill in the name, the important piece is that there is a few million being chucked at Ulster rugby. That puts us in a good position to recruit and develop. Not only that, Logan mentioned the money being used at all levels, which is great news, as ulster will only get stronger as the game grows.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Down with this sort of thing

Anscombe Out
Irish Waste have bought the naming rights to Anscombe.
I'm a bit slow on this type of thing Merv, does that mean we can officially call him a massive shyte?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

I've heard a rumour that a couple of home games will be played at our sister stadium at in Cavan :fleg: at
Breffni Park—known for sponsorship reasons as Kingspan Breffni Park— is a GAA stadium in Cavan, Republic of Ireland. It is the home of the Cavan Gaelic football team. The ground has an overall capacity of about 32,000 :stir:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

cardoc wrote:I've heard a rumour that a couple of home games will be played at our sister stadium at in Cavan :fleg: at
Breffni Park—known for sponsorship reasons as Kingspan Breffni Park— is a GAA stadium in Cavan, Republic of Ireland. It is the home of the Cavan Gaelic football team. The ground has an overall capacity of about 32,000 :stir:
Awaits bakebook outrage

At least we have a neutral semi final venue sorted :stir:

Bet it costs less than Lansdowne Road for that too

Anscombe Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Windeos wrote:
ulsterfleg wrote:Just disgusted sold out to the man.
A ground with true history ruined by a silly deal.
So much for the talk by our leader of not changing the name before consulting the fans.
I'm sorry but this is a load of balls. It's giving Ulster Rugby a good chuck of cash for something which has absolutely zero impact on the team or fans. It's free money.

Who cares what the "official" name of the stadium is. Every single fan will still call it Ravenhill. So what's the problem here?

Zackerly Windies, "Ulster Rugby, the home of free cash". First the taxpayer lobs us £18,600,000 and now Kingspan lob a further substantial wedge of semolians with no downside, other than in the minds of a few idiots who are mentally challenged and of course arsefoons on "social media".

Social media, the very nomenclature of which makes me want to microwave a cat and shoot Zuckerberg in his really quite clever bake.

Have I ever enlightened you, dear readers, that I regard the alleged UR Facebook page with the same unease as Munsterfans? I just don't go there. I do have a bakebook page in the real world but I try to limit "friends" to genuine friends and family rather than ,assoiates, aka,the population of the known universe and post on a very occasional basis. I tend to find speaking to real people more rewarding.

Facebook, pffffffffff and don't start me on that utter shyte, twatter, I don't twatt. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

cardoc wrote:I've heard a rumour that a couple of home games will be played at our sister stadium at in Cavan :fleg: at
What a loaf of rubbish.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:
What a loaf of rubbish.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Nicely put Damo.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

My understanding is that the naming rights were up for sale for between £100K to £150K per annum - £1M to £1.5M over 10 years - still a reasonable amount of money, but not the multiple Millions referred to on this and other threads :salut:

To put this into perspective - one home game with a year over year increase in attendance from 8,000 to 13,000 at an average of £25 per ticket generates additional revenue of £125,000.
Finished
Roll away 5
Novice

Post by Roll away 5 »

Just thought. What do we now call the Ravens, the Ulster Kings? No, even better, the Ulster Spanners...
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Roll away 5 wrote:Just thought. What do we now call the Ravens, the Ulster Kings? No, even better, the Ulster Spanners...
God , that's the third version of the Spanners Joke :roll:

Normally when I hear "roll away 5" its some overweight prop playing second row who cant shift his 20 stone carcass fast enough :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Windeos wrote:
So much for the talk by our leader of not changing the name before consulting the fans.

Bakebook warriors Windeos!

Anscombe Out
There are Twatter warriors as well !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Windeos wrote:

Bakebook warriors Windeos!

Anscombe Out
There are Twatter warriors as well !
But people who actually twatter are just silly

Anscombe Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Windeos wrote:

Zackerly Windies, "Ulster Rugby, the home of free cash". First the taxpayer lobs us £18,600,000 and now Kingspan lob a further substantial wedge of semolians with no downside, other than in the minds of a few idiots who are mentally challenged and of course arsefoons on "social media".

Social media, the very nomenclature of which makes me want to microwave a cat and shoot Zuckerberg in his really quite clever bake.

Have I ever enlightened you, dear readers, that I regard the alleged UR Facebook page with the same unease as Munsterfans? I just don't go there. I do have a bakebook page in the real world but I try to limit "friends" to genuine friends and family rather than ,assoiates, aka,the population of the known universe and post on a very occasional basis. I tend to find speaking to real people more rewarding.

Facebook, pffffffffff and don't start me on that utter shyte, twatter, I don't twatt. :roll:
The 140 character max may just play havoc with your blood pressure oul han. You'd just be getting rev'd up when :whistle: :bom:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Though I can't say with certainty that sentence three is bullshite I have rarely seen two stupider sentences than the first two.

"the man" ??????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feck off you ould hippy tramp and don't sully this forum with crud.

A ground with history???? FFS arsefoon, that stadium is gone barring the wee bit called the memorial arch. Not even the pitch is the same. Ravenhill as was is gone forever, get with the programme or get lost.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote: The 140 character max may just play havoc with your blood pressure oul han. You'd just be getting rev'd up when :whistle: :bom:
Absolutey Snipe. I've got no use for 140 characters. 8 or 10 in a bar with a few pints in them is great ould craic, but for those with a love of HMQ's English, 140 is just an insult.

I firmly believe one liners should be the preserve of comedians, not those of a verbose & bellicose nature with chubes to chastise. >EW