Charles Piutau .......Sooner the better.......

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Piutau Signs for Wasps

Post by scrum5 »

On the subject of Piutau, I honestly don't think he'll arrive at Ulster because he is predominately a running full back and not a hoofer of the ball.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:On the subject of Piutau, I honestly don't think he'll arrive at Ulster because he is predominately a running full back and not a hoofer of the ball.
So was Ludik till he was told otherwise, perhaps hoofball will cease now that Ireland see it's a pretty useless game plan
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
scrum5 wrote:On the subject of Piutau, I honestly don't think he'll arrive at Ulster because he is predominately a running full back and not a hoofer of the ball.
So was Ludik till he was told otherwise, perhaps hoofball will cease now that Ireland see it's a pretty useless game plan
God how I wish I could believe it, I loathe the style of rugby at both province and country at present.

I hope that Kiss is worth the wait, does things differently, issues ultimatums to play more than just when you can be arsed or feck off, and gets poor ould Doakie back to where he is supposedly good, coaching the backs.

I also hope that we might sign one or two quality forwards before they are all bought up elsewhere after the RWC, to energise the decent parts of what is already there. The current pack is creaking at the hinges and some look like retirement is something they are ready to embrace.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Most of the medical jokers we have signed, alas, have just been jokers.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Neill_M wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Neill_M wrote:http://www.rugby-transferts.com/pro-d2/ ... nster.html

Sagario has been signed as a "medical joker" as the French call them - covering Archer's injury, unrelated to BJ. As mentioned above the article also states that Munster are trying to permission to sign another NIQ "medical joker" to cover injuries to POM and TOD.

L'ancien pilier international uruguayen de Dax qui évoluait à Massy, Mario Sagario (29 ans, 1,87 m, 116 kilos), s’est engagé avec le Munster en tant que joker médical.

Le pilier aux 51 sélections vient de faire la coupe du monde avec son équipe nationale et a joué quatre matches. Il a signé avec la province irlandaise pour remplacer le pilier Stephen Archer, blessé au cou. Anthony Foley, le manager a négocié avec la Fédération pour pouvoir recruter à l’étranger car Peter O’Mahony et Tommy O’Donnell sont forfaits pour plusieurs mois. Mario Sagario, qui a un passeport italien, s’est déjà entraîné avec sa nouvelle équipe.
neil… we have signed a few medical jokers in our time… except ours arrive injured, stay injured and leave fit to play elsewhere..
Stefan Terblanche did okay when he was here, but yes there have been more bad ones than good ones - Boys, Raaymakers, Stanley etc
Boys may have been half decent if he'd been fit, we'll never know. He has just signed a contract with the Crusaders for the 2016 Super Rugby season.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

yeh and Stanley played in the RWC...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:yeh and Stanley played in the RWC...
I went to 2 of his games
Better than ihumph
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
God how I wish I could believe it, I loathe the style of rugby at both province and country at present.

I hope that Kiss is worth the wait, does things differently, issues ultimatums to play more than just when you can be arsed or feck off, and gets poor ould Doakie back to where he is supposedly good, coaching the backs.

I also hope that we might sign one or two quality forwards before they are all bought up elsewhere after the RWC, to energise the decent parts of what is already there. The current pack is creaking at the hinges and some look like retirement is something they are ready to embrace.
Will we have any NIQ spots? Did I read on here it's being reduced to just 3? Fek.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

againstthehead wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Will we have any NIQ spots? Did I read on here it's being reduced to just 3? Fek.
Currently allowed 5 non Irish qualified players in the squad (mixture of project players/capped internationals for other countries etc). There has been talk of it reducing to 4, but nothing offical has been announced on that.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

From what I saw he was very impressive on Sunday.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:From what I saw he was very impressive on Sunday.
:stir:
and didn't wear a poppy - should fit right in at Ulster!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Has he been invited tomorrow?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Why would he be?

He's a Wasps player this season
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Why would he be?

He's a Wasps player this season
I've been invited. I'm sure you have too. They're bringing everyone in for this