Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

DodgyEverything
Novice

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by DodgyEverything »

Strong Bulls pack that, glad we have TOT back. Ideally to do the full 80, though doubt the return to play allows that
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Off the Top wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:57 pm Team's up. Looks much stronger than last week.

(1-8) Andy Warwick, Tom Stewart, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor (C), Kieran Treadwell, Dave Ewers, Dave McCann, Nick Timoney;

(15-9) Will Addison, Rob Baloucoune, James Hume, Jude Postlethwaite, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak.

Replacements: John Andrew, Callum Reid, Greg McGrath, Cormac Izuchukwu, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Stewart Moore, Mike Lowry.

Wonder what's happening with young Sheridan?
Face doesn't fit.

Worrying no update on MM. We could be significantly exposed with no plan B since JTA was jettisoned
Exterminate all rational thought
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

No consistency in Ulster updates, This week only Curtis & Moxham are mentioned when previous week even the World Cup returnees got a mention in last weeks update.

Let’s see if we have the fitness and speed for 80 minutes to run this Massive Bulls outfit around our super fast new playing surface?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Given McFarlands view that Burns is the most intelligent player he's coached I was surprised to see Flannery picked last week. Given Flannery was then one of the few (in my eyes) to come out of the game with some credit I'm now surprised he's dropped out of the 23 entirely the week after.

In some ways it makes sense, Given both Lowry and Doak can cover ten, but hope this isn't going to be a case of him now falling off the face of the earth, just as j thought we might be about to give somebody else a chance.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:26 pm Given McFarlands view that Burns is the most intelligent player he's coached I was surprised to see Flannery picked last week. Given Flannery was then one of the few (in my eyes) to come out of the game with some credit I'm now surprised he's dropped out of the 23 entirely the week after.

In some ways it makes sense, Given both Lowry and Doak can cover ten, but hope this isn't going to be a case of him now falling off the face of the earth, just as j thought we might be about to give somebody else a chance.
If Stephen Hawking had played rugby he would have been the most intelligent player he'd coached. Doesn't necessarily mean you'd pick him at 10 v Zebre.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

I wouldn't have written him off so quickly, I'd say you could put in some fairly destructive hits with one of those mobility scooters.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Probably also could have easily won an argument with the ref about the relativity of the shot-clock.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mighty rearranged

Flannery was not good as you think the Ulster defence was a shambles and what part Flannery had in that I am sure has been subject to review since an Outhalf has a key role in organising the defence , and his demise may have more to do with Bell than Mcfarland.

Of course the other missing link is Curtis

I of course considered the selection last week to be experimental the opposition being Parma away from home and as an experiment the defence was a failure -- much of that was down to 10 /12 axis and how much down to the back row where Rea is also a non starter I am sure has been well reviewed all week.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Five more tries for Zebre today.

Lost again but they’re already within 7 points of their total for last season.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Bookies have Ulster 5 point favourites and 2/1 on to win. Would have felt about right last season, but less confident after seeing our defence last week and that the Bulls put 63 points past the Scarlets. In my head it's probably much closer to a coin toss.

Much as I don't like the fact it happened, will be interesting to see how Ulster go on the plastic pitch too.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good pic of HWM at Parma in the programme.

Felt a bit sorry for the lass sandwiched in between him and me on the flight home.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

How will the pitch be when it’s wet?

I was listening to a football match on Radio Ulster and Liam Beckett was fairly critical of a 3G pitch being sloppy when wet?

It’ll be interesting all the same!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big-al wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:16 pm How will the pitch be when it’s wet?

I was listening to a football match on Radio Ulster and Liam Beckett was fairly critical of a 3G pitch being sloppy when wet?

It’ll be interesting all the same!
I believe the same contractor did the pitch in Cardiff which felt pretty good underfoot last season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Plenty of room on the East Terrace.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Whenever this game gets tight we are nowhere. Just cannot cope with any physical battle.

A number of times we were attacking their line, doing one out runners and going absolutely nowhere. Timoney and AOC getting smashed backwards.

My takeaway from this is even though we might win tonight, the Bulls would absolutely beat us in any end of season game of importance.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND